A&S Degree Requirements for B.A. & B.S
General requirements for a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in the College of Arts & Sciences at Ohio University are:
- A minimum of 120 semester hours for the B.A. or B.S. degree
- 60 hours of Arts & Sciences coursework at the 2000 level or above
- A minimum of college-level foreign language at the 2120 level or the equivalent for the B.A., and for the B.S. a minimum of college-level foreign language at the 1120 level or equivalent
- At least 9 semester hours each of humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences coursework for a total of 33 semester hours for the B.A. degree and 27 semester hours for the B.S. degree
- General Education requirements? Tiers I, II, III
- All requirements stipulated by the department for the chosen major.
To receive a degree from the College of Arts & Sciences, a student must have a minimum 2.0 GPA on all of the following:
- All hours attempted at Ohio University
- All hours attempted at Ohio University in the major
Additional information about grading and GPA is available in the Academic Policies and Procedures section of this catalog.
Graduation requirements are defined by the student's catalog of entry. Students who have no enrollment at Ohio University for more than five years must re-enroll under the catalog year that they return. An average course load of 15 hours a semester is necessary to graduate in four years. For specific information involving graduation requirements, including residence requirements (i.e., the minimum number of credit hours that a student must complete at Ohio University), see the Graduation Requirements – University-wide section of the catalog.