How to Apply for the Full-Time Master of Accountancy and Analytics
Let us know when you're ready to join our Full-Time MAcc program and we'll help you get started.
Getting started with your application is easy and we're here to help. Below is a checklist that will walk you step by step through the process. If you have any questions along the way, please contact our Full-Time MAcc Admissions Team at 740-593-2053 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Assurance Program
There is an Early Assurance Program that guarantees your spot in the Master of Accountancy and Analytics upon graduation with not additional application or entrance requirements. Early Assurance Program
Step 1: Online application and transcripts
Start your application
The online graduate student application allows you to create a password-protected account so you can return to the application, enter information, and upload documents at your convenience.
- Start your online application
- When you click on "start new application" you will be asked to choose the appropriate entry term. Select "summer" to start your application. The Full-Time MAcc does not have a fall or spring entry term, so if you choose fall or spring you will get an error message when you choose the Full-Time MAcc on the first page saying that the program is not accepting applications for this term.
- The non-refundable application fee is $50 for U.S citizens/permanent residents and $55 for international applicants
- The first page of the application will ask you to select your program. Choose "Master's" for your level of study, and "Campus-based" for your delivery mode. Scroll down the list of options under the "select a graduate program" drop down until you reach the "College of Business" section, then select the appropriate program.
- If your undergraduate degree is in Accounting, select "Master of Accountancy and Analytics-Accounting Path (on-campus)".
- If your undergraduate degree was in another business subject, select "Master of Accountancy and Analytics-Business Path (on-campus)."
Request an official transcript from all institutions of higher education you have attended and arrange for them to be sent to OHIO's Graduate College.
- Electronic submission (preferred):
Choose “Ohio University - Graduate Admissions” as the recipient and, if needed, input email@example.com for the email address.
- Mailing address (if electronic submission is not available):
1 Ohio University
Grosvenor Hall 102
Athens, OH 45701 USA
Transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must be official or registrar-certified and in envelopes sealed by the issuing institution, if possible. Learn more about international transcripts
Step 2: Prepare deliverables
Arrange for three professional or academic references to submit letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation should speak to your level of maturity and leadership qualities, and include the provider’s relationship to you and their complete address and contact information, including a clearly identifiable professional email address.
When prompted on the online application, request that your recommenders be contacted through the online application process for electronic submission of their recommendation letters. You’ll need to enter each individual’s name and email address.
Upload a current professional resume as an attachment to your online application in the supplemental materials section.
Your professional statement should include your accomplishments, career goals, objectives, and the value of the Master of Accountancy and Analytics degree to achieving your career goals. Please also address any weaknesses in your application materials, such as a low GPA.
Upload this document to your online application in the supplemental materials section. Please limit the length of your statement to no more than two double-spaced pages.
The GMAT/GRE is not required.
Admission to the Full-Time MAcc program is highly competitive and selective. Admissions decisions will be made on or before the decision date for each round. A letter will be emailed to each applicant from the College of Business, followed by an official letter from the Graduate College.
Concerning Funding Opportunities
The Full-Time MAcc awards a very limited number of Graduate Assistantships (funding offers) to students each year. This means that not all admitted students will be offered a Graduate Assistantship award. If you are offered a GA, it will include a 25% tuition waiver and a $4,000 stipend for the year. Both the tuition waiver and stipend only apply to your fall and spring semester courses. You will not receive funding for the summer courses (note that you only enroll in two courses over the summer that are completely online). Ultimately, if you are not prepared to pay at least 70-80% of the program tuition and fees, please contact us before submitting your application. We want to help you find a program that works for your specific circumstances.
Through this program, students receive a guaranteed spot in the Master of Accountancy and Analytics program early in an undergraduate career or as part of their admission from high school. Benefits include a simple application/no grad school application; no test score (GRE or GMAT) requirement; mentoring from graduate students; co-curricular program activities; and a guaranteed place in the Master of Accountancy and Analytics program as long as you maintain program requirements during your undergraduate time at OHIO.
There is no application fee, no standardized test requirement, and no additional transcript, essay, or letters of recommendation. Simply click on the appropriate button below to complete the 5-minute application.