Spring Semester Hours for Testing
The Ohio University Southern Testing Center is located in the library, on the second floor of the Collins Building.
Monday — 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m.
Tuesday — 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m.
Wednesday — 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m.
Thursday — 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m.
Friday — 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m.
Individual students may request alternate times for emergencies or exceptional circumstances (one week's notice is required).
Scheduling an Appointment
All testing appointments must be scheduled using RegisterBlast: instructors cannot schedule appointments for students via phone or email. Students must make the appointment.
Faculty are encouraged to include the RegisterBlast link in their syllabus.
- No walk-in testing—there will be no exceptions to this rule.
- Appointments must be made 24 hours in advance using the RegisterBlast scheduling program.
- Students should be on time for exams. Arriving late may result in cancellation or reduced testing time unless otherwise instructed by the instructor. Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow for check-in procedures.
- If the student needs to make a payment before their exam, they should make their payment before check-in
- Students taking placement exams must already apply to the university and receive a PID number.
- Students must log in with their OHIO ID on the RegisterBlast website to schedule a placement exam.
Students should contact the Testing Center as early as possible to cancel their appointment if circumstances prevent their keeping the appointment. Repeated failure to do so may jeopardize future use of the Testing Center facilities.
Student Testing Guidelines
- Students will be checked in and out using the RegisterBlast check-in system.
- Photo ID is required for all students, either current driver license, OU student ID, or passport.
- Students may not take cell phones, tablets, laptops, watches, hats, headbands, backpacks, keys, wallets, or any other personal items into the testing room; these items must be secured in a provided locker
- Scrap paper is provided (if allowed) to students at the check-in desk.
- Students must pull up sleeves to ensure no writing on the wrist and turn pockets out on pants and jackets at check-in.
- Students must shake hoodie hood and open the hoodie pocket for the Test Proctor to review; no hats/hoods are allowed in the testing center.
- Students may not have food or drink in the testing room unless accommodations state they may.
- Students must take care of restroom or other needs before beginning a test. Some exams do not allow any breaks. Any unauthorized breaks will be recorded and reported to the faculty or exam sponsor.
- Students are only permitted breaks from testing if they have accommodations; while on a break, the student may not access their locker or belongings.
- Once the Testing Center door is shut, it will not be opened for late appointments.
The Testing Center personnel shall report to the faculty any irregularities in the administration of their tests. Such abnormalities such as dishonesty, use of unauthorized aids, or inappropriate behavior. The Testing Center reserves the right to exclude persons from its facilities for repeated inappropriate behavior or failure to observe proper test protocol.
Before requesting accommodated proctoring at the Ohio University Southern Testing Center, students must register with Student Accessibility Services to receive an accommodation letter.
- Students need to inform their instructors before each test is scheduled to use their testing accommodations.
- Students will need to present their accommodation letter to their instructor for verification.
- Instructors will include on the Request for Proctoring Services form the accommodations that should be used for each student.
Students and instructors should contact Dr. Teresa McKenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org or (740) 547-3875 for questions regarding Student Accessibility Services and approved testing accommodations.
Midterm and Finals Week
Note: Throughout midterm and finals week, we receive an increased volume of test requests. It is strongly advised instructors/students request testing weeks in advance due to limited space and availability during these times. We will honor and schedule requests according to the date of the request.