At Ohio University Southern, we recognize and value the contributions that you—our veterans, dependents, and military personnel—make to our campus community in your role as students, faculty, staff, and members of the OHIO University community. We recognize and honor the sacrifices you have made through your service to our country and appreciate the leadership and broad experiences you bring to OHIO University.
The purpose of Ohio University Southern's Veterans Service is to provide, facilitate and coordinate programs and services as effectively as possible for you and your family members. We strive to assist you in making a successful transition to the Ohio University community and support you through your academic careers.
Dr. Teresa McKenzie
Veterans Services Coordinator
Admission for Veterans at Ohio University
- Complete the Application for Admission
Request that your high school transcript or GED certificate, complete with scores, be sent to Ohio University Undergraduate Admissions, Chubb Hall 120, 1 Ohio University Drive, Athens, OH 45701 or email@example.com.
- Request your Joint Service Transcript be sent to Ohio University Eastern.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For more detailed information, please visit the Ohio University Southern Financial Aid page.
- Apply for your GI Bill benefits by visiting the US Department of Veteran Affairs.
- If you have taken the ACT or SAT, submit your scores to Ohio University Southern (if you are still in high school or if you have been out of high school for less than a year).
- The Office of Student Services will contact you regarding orientation dates and times after you have been admitted to the University. At orientation, you will meet with an academic advisor to plan your schedule and register for classes.
- When you come to orientation, be sure to bring your VA certificate of eligibility and your DD Form 214.
- After completing the orientation, fill out your Veterans Education Assistance File Card. You will log into the system using your OHIO ID information.
OHIO UNIVERSITY IS A MILITARY FRIENDLY & YELLOW RIBBON SCHOOL
The Military Friendly® Schools designation is awarded to the top colleges, universities, community colleges and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace military students, and to dedicate resources to ensure their success both in the classroom and after graduation.
Other Helpful Resources