Entry Deadline Monday, April 4, 2020
Awards Ceremony Friday, April 17, 2020*
*To request an ASL interpreter or other accommodation, to attend the event, please contact Teresa McKenzie at email@example.com or Robert Pleasant at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than one week before the event.
2. Eligibility. The Student EMPixx Awards is open to all high school students.
3. The entry must be a not-for-profit, original, student production. If professional influence is evident or if the individual is found to have professional standing, the entry will be disqualified
4. Projects must have been produced during the 2019-20 school year. (August-April)
5. Video entries must be submitted on a jump drive. H264/MP4 or .MOV formats only, any other formats will be disqualified! Audio and Multimedia entries must be submitted on a jump drive. MP3 files only .WAV or will be disqualified. All Flash entries need to be converted to H264/MP4 or .MOV. DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS – only copies will be accepted. Although every possible care will be taken with media in our possession, we cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage. Remember, image and sound quality of the entry is a factor in judging, thus highest quality best. ENTRIES WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
6. The entry MUST NOT consist of more than 25% stock footage, photography, or sampled material.
7. All entry forms must be completely filled out and signed by the class instructor or school official. A winning entry shall have the applicable prize awarded to the school listed on the entry form with certificates awarded to the production assistants listed on the entry form.
8. Final judging will be by select industry professionals associated with the university and the faculty and staff of the Electronic Media Department at Ohio University Southern. Video entries will be judged using a five-point scale in the areas of Writing, Camera Operation, Lighting Technique, Sound Quality, Talent, Editing Technique, and Concept of the project. Audio entries will be judged using a five-point scale in the areas of Writing, Mix, Levels, Editing, Talent, and Concept. Multimedia entries will be judged using a five-point scale in the areas of Writing, Design, Graphics, Navigation, Media (audio, video, photographs), Content, and Concept of the project. The production with the highest total score in its entered category wins.
9. To be considered, the entry and completed entry form must be postmarked by Monday, April 4, 2020.
10. Label individual envelopes containing jump drives prominently with category, entry title, school, and student(s) name using the submission label provided. File names on drives must match entry form titles! To save cost you may place more than one entry on a drive, but files must be clearly identifiable or it will be disqualified.
11. Submission of an entry gives Ohio University Southern permission to show the work at the awards ceremony and include it in any promotional materials related to the competition or campus. A written notice declining this agreement may be sent along with the entry and will be honored.
12. Winners must achieve a minimum average of 3.0 on the score sheet to be qualified as a winner in a category. A winner may not be selected in each category.
2020 EMPixx Scholarship Information
Undergraduate attending Ohio University Southern majoring in Electronic Media. Full time. Non-renewable. Must be graduating high school senior for scholarship consideration, entering school the Fall 2020 semester.
Best of Show: $1000