Jumpstart your 2020 fitness and wellness goals at WellWorks for only $2 down
WellWorks, the employee and community wellness center located in Ohio University’s Grover Center on the Athens campus, is offering a special membership deal to University employees in January 2020.
“It’s our mission to create a supportive community for our members and employees and to remove barriers to wellbeing, so we’re offering our first month for $2 if new members enroll in direct debit,” explained Jenn Bennett, executive director of wellness.
Bennett added that this equates to a savings of $22. The membership deal is available to new members or members whose memberships have been expired for at least six months. Additional details about this January promotion can be found below.
“This January deal is the perfect time for new members or those with expired memberships to come check out all our new equipment, program upgrades and environmental changes,” said Annie Laurie Cadmus, marketing and engagement coordinator.
“WellWorks has made a lot of changes in recent years and we have a special curated blend of new and traditional programs, equipment and offerings available to our members,” she said.
Amenities of a WellWorks Membership include:
- Access to the Fitness Center
- Including inclusive strength training equipment
- Unlimited regular and active senior group fitness classes
- Discounts on specialty classes, including:
- Glove boxing
- The Great Yoga Wall
- Triathlon training
- Wellness workshops
- Women on Weights
- Free health and wellness coaching
- Reasonably priced personal training
- Parking (for those who do not qualify for a University parking pass)
- Use of lockers, showers and changing rooms
- Support from Wellness specialists
- Free blood pressure screening upon request
- Free music/headphone rental
- Free sweat towel service
- Bath towel and personal locker rental programs
- Free WiFi (through Ohio University)
- No start-up or annual fees
- Ohio University employee (and spouse/partner) benefits such as:
January Membership Deal Details: Purchase an annual membership during the month of January 2020 and all you’ll pay is $2 at the time of sign-up. That equates to a savings of $22! You’ll then enroll in direct debit where your bank account will be automatically charged $16 per month for the remaining 11 months.
- Only non-members who have not had an active membership since July 1, 2019 are eligible.
- This deal was designed for University employees, but will be made available to any new member in January 2020.
- You must enroll in direct debit to receive the $22 savings.
- You will be asked to choose a single annual membership or to enroll in our Evergreen program at the time of enrollment.
- Tip: If you plan to take on the 100 Day Challenge, we suggest just going with the annual membership since we know you can crush that challenge!
- Full pricing details are available on our website.
- All standard membership agreements apply.
- This deal begins at 5:45 a.m. on Jan. 2 and ends at 8 p.m. on Jan. 31.
- The deal cannot be extended to recently purchased memberships.
- Questions can be directed to the WellWorks front desk by calling 740-593-2093.
Additional WellWorks services, such as massage therapy, functional movement screening and nutrition counseling, are available to the community at additional fees. However, membership is not required to take advantage of those services.