OGO Regional and eCampus Student Scholarship
Office of Global Opportunities Regional and eCampus Student Scholarship can be used for participation on OHIO Domestic programs, OHIO International programs, and other approved credit-bearing study away programs. Please reach out to OGO to make sure your program is eligible for awards.
- Must be enrolled at Ohio University as a degree-seeking graduate or undergraduate student in good academic standing with a preponderance of credits (more than half at the time of application) at one of OHIO's regional campuses or eCampus.
- Must be applying or accepted to a credit-bearing study away program sponsored by OHIO or another accredited institution.
- US citizens, permanent residents and international undergraduate OHIO students are encouraged to apply.
Preference will be given to students participating in their first university study abroad or study away experience.
*Note this application must be completed in one login session. Your changes will not be saved if you log out before you submit. Read the instructions carefully to make sure you have the required information and materials before you proceed.
- Short Essay Prompts
- What is your motivation to participate in your chosen study abroad or study away program?
- What challenges do you face in participating?
- How will you integrate your global experience into your future academic and professional career?
- How will you share your global experience with other regional campus students?
- One Reference - You are also required to submit a letter of reference from a regional or eCampus faculty or staff member who knows you personally, professionally, or academically (not a friend or relative), speaking to how you will benefit from your chosen global experience. Your reference should submit their letter via email to: email@example.com. It is your responsibility to ensure that the required reference letter is received by the Office of Global Opportunities by the deadline.
- Estimated Program Cost - You are also required to submit a cost estimate for your intended program. You may upload a Student Budget Worksheet from your OHIO study away program or estimated costs from a provider program. Alternatively you can download the OGO Budget creation form here: https://goo.gl/jsZZvZ. If you have any questions about this requirement please contact the Office of Global Opportunities to work with an advisor.
Award amounts are intended to defray the cost of travel associated with global opportunity programs and will vary based on the number of credits associated with the program:
- $1,000 for students taking 1-4 credit hours on their program
- $2,000 for students taking 5-9 credit hours on their program
- $3,000 for students taking 10 or more credits on their program
The award will be directly applied to students' OHIO accounts during the term in which the awardee is scheduled to travel.
Application deadline for summer 2020, fall semester 2020, and academic year 2020-21 programs:
- Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Application deadline for winter break, spring semester & spring break programs 2019-20:
- Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 11:59pm.