OGO Regional and eCampus Student Scholarship
Office of Global Opportunities Regional and eCampus Student Scholarship can be used for participation on OHIO Domestic programs, OHIO International programs, and other approved credit-bearing study away and virtual programs. Please reach out to OGO to make sure your program is eligible for awards.
- Must be enrolled at Ohio University as a degree-seeking graduate or undergraduate student in good academic standing with a preponderance of credits (more than half at the time of application) at one of OHIO's regional campuses or eCampus.
- Must be applying or accepted to a credit-bearing study away program sponsored by OHIO or another accredited institution.
- US citizens, permanent residents and international undergraduate OHIO students are encouraged to apply.
Preference will be given to students participating in their first university study abroad or study away experience.
*Note this application must be completed in one login session. Your changes will not be saved if you log out before you submit. Read the instructions carefully to make sure you have the required information and materials before you proceed.
- Short Essay Prompts - All Applicants
- Tell us about yourself (This is a chance for the scholarship committee to get to know you. You may want to identify how you fit the scholarship criteria).
- Describe your prospective global experience (study, intern, volunteer, or research experience on site or virtually) and what factors led you to select this opportunity and the length of the experience.
- Why do you want to participate on your selected global experience (Please consider the following questions: what do you hope to gain, how does your experience fit into your future academic and professional plans, how will your experience allow you to share your experience with the OHIO community and/or the world)
- Short Essay Prompts - Regional and eCampus Student Scholarship applicants
- As a regional campus student, what challenges do you face in participating on a global experience?
- One Reference - You are also required to submit a letter of reference from a regional or eCampus faculty or staff member who knows you personally, professionally, or academically (not a friend or relative), speaking to how you will benefit from your chosen global experience. Your reference should submit their letter via email to: email@example.com. It is your responsibility to ensure that the required reference letter is received by the Office of Global Opportunities by the deadline.
- Estimated Program Cost - You are also required to submit a cost estimate for your intended program. You may upload a Student Budget Worksheet from your OHIO study away program or estimated costs from a provider program. Alternatively you can download the OGO Budget creation form here: https://bit.ly/budgetcreationform. If you have any questions about this requirement please contact the Office of Global Opportunities to work with an advisor.
For an overview of the questions in the application system, please click here.
Award amounts are intended to defray the cost of travel associated with global opportunity programs and will vary based on the number of credits associated with the program:
- $1,000 for students taking 1-4 credit hours on their program
- $2,000 for students taking 5-9 credit hours on their program
- $3,000 for students taking 10 or more credits on their program
The award will be directly applied to students' OHIO accounts during the term in which the awardee is scheduled to travel.
- Summer 2021, Fall 2021, and Academic Year 2021-2022 Programs
- Applications will be accepted through 11:59pm April 15, 2021. Funds will be awarded funds on a rolling basis, as applications are reviewed each week.
- Winter Break, Spring Semester, and Spring Break Programs: October 15, 2021 at 11:59pm (application to open August/Sept)
The OGO Regional and eCampus Student Scholarship is now part of the OGO Common Application for scholarships. Through the common application, OHIO students will be able to apply for multiple scholarships in one place. For an overview of the questions in the application system, please click here. If you have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a drop in appointment here.