Join Our Team 21-22
Learn new skills. Share your story. Collaborate with others.
The Office of Global Opportunities succeeds by working directly with the students we serve. Each year, we hire students for federal work study, student hourly, and Program to Aid Career Exploration (PACE) positions. These students play critical roles in our office, from advising peers on finding global experiences to shaping our marketing and promotion strategies and more. Working with our office gives you the opportunity to learn new skills, share your story, and collaborate with others.
Special note: So many of our students have had their global experiences impacted by the emergence and spread of COVID-19. Even if you’ve had a global experience cut short or canceled, we encourage you to apply for these positions. You have developed and are developing skills such as flexibility, tolerance for ambiguity, and communication that are critical to positions in our office.
See below for more information on open positions:
In general, OGO positions fall into one of three categories:
- Advising roles, such as the Peer Advisor, the PACE Diversity and Inclusion Study Abroad Advisor, and the PACE Global Program Funding Advisor
- Marketing and Promotions roles, such as the PACE Event & Marketing Coordinator and the PACE Graphic Designer
- Data Management roles, such as the PACE Salesforce Data Analytics Intern Administrator.
- Administrative Support roles through the Federal Work Study program.
Note: Student applicants must be PACE program eligible to apply for a currently open PACE Position. Find out more about the PACE program at the Ohio University PACE website.
Selected applicants will start their positions with training in Fall 2021 semester and continue through to the end of spring semester 2022. During the academic semester (excluding final exams week), Peer Advisors will work approximately 6-10 hours per week and PACE students work approximately 10 hours per week. Employees will earn minimum wage, including any training days (currently $8.80/hr).
The application process is open currently. We are hiring the following positions (click on the position to view a PDF snapshot of each role):
- PACE Salesforce Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) Administrator
- PACE Event & Marketing Coordinator
- PACE Global Program Funding Advisor
- PACE Graphic Designer
- PACE Cultural Exchange Coordinator
How to Apply
If you are interested in any of the above positions, please email email@example.com. Your email should include a copy of your resume and indicate which position(s) you are interested in. Note: Positions will be filled on a rolling basis, so early applications are strongly encouraged.