Join Our Team
Learn new skills. Share your story. Collaborate with others.
The Office of Global Opportunities succeeds by working directly with the students we serve. Each year, we hire students for federal work study, student hourly, and Program to Aid Career Exploration (PACE) positions. These students play critical roles in our office, from advising peers on finding global experiences to shaping our marketing and promotion strategies and more. Working with our office gives you the opportunity to learn new skills, share your story, and collaborate with others.
Special note: So many of our students have had their global experiences impacted by the emergence and spread of COVID-19. Even if you’ve had a global experience cut short or canceled, we encourage you to apply for these positions. You have developed and are developing skills such as flexibility, tolerance for ambiguity, and communication that are critical to positions in our office.
Want to recommend someone for a position? Click here for a recommendation form.
See below for more information on open positions:
Peer Advisors play a key role in supporting global initiatives at Ohio University and their fellow students by providing one-on-one advising during walk-in hours, sharing their global experiences with others through outreach events, and assisting OGO with special initiatives. If you have previous experience as a college student on an international or domestic program to study, intern, or volunteer, we invite you to join our team.
Selected applicants will start their positions fall semester 2020 and continue through to the end of spring semester 2021. Peer advisors work approximately 6-10 hours per week, including occasional evening and weekend hours, during the academic semester (excluding final exams week). Additional hours are available through outreach events and special projects. Peer Advisors will earn minimum wage, including any training days (currently $8.70/hr).
Find out more about the OGO Peer Advisor position at the OGO Peer Advisor website.
Our online application process for Peer Advisors is open and will close on May 1, 2020.
Program to Aid Career Exploration (PACE)
Student applicants must be PACE program eligible to apply for the currently open positions. In general, OGO PACE positions fall into one of three categories:
- Advising roles, such as the Cultural Exchange Coordinator, Diversity and Inclusion Study Abroad Advisor, and the Global Program Funding Advisor
- Marketing and Promotions roles, such as Event & Marketing Coordinator and Graphic Designer
- Data Management roles, such as the Data Analyst, Health Safety and Risk Management Assistant, Salesforce Data Analytics Intern Administrator, and Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) System Developer.
Selected applicants will start their positions fall semester 2020 and continue through to the end of spring semester 2021. PACE students work approximately 10 hours per week, including occasional evening and weekend hours, during the academic semester (excluding final exams week). PACE students will earn minimum wage, including any training days (currently $8.70/hr).
Find out more about the PACE program at the Ohio University PACE website.
The PACE application process is open currently and will close on May 1, 2020. We are hiring the following positions (click on the position to view a PDF snapshot of each role):
- Cultural Exchange Coordinator
- Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) System Developer
- Data Analytics Intern/Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) Administrator
- Data Analyst
- Diversity and Inclusion Study Abroad Advisor
- Event & Marketing Coordinator
- Global Program Funding Advisor
- Graphic Designer
- Health, Safety and Risk Management Assistant