OGO Need-Based Travel Grant
Office of Global Opportunities (OGO) Need-Based Travel Grant can be used for participation on:
- OHIO-Credit Domestic and International programs,
- OHIO Exchange programs,
- Affiliated Provider programs, and
- Other approved credit-bearing study away and virtual programs.
If you are unsure if your program qualifies for this award, please reach out to email@example.com.
- Must be an undergraduate, degree-seeking OHIO student applying for participation in a study away program for academic credit.
- Must qualify for financial aid according to the guidelines determined by the Ohio University Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships. All applicants must have a FAFSA on file at the time of funding application to be considered for an award.
- *NOTE: Awardees must ensure that there is a FAFSA on file for the term of travel (ex. if applying for a scholarship for a fall 2023 program, you MUST have a FAFSA for the 2023-2024 academic year).
- Must be in good academic and conduct standing.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
Preference is given to students who have not had previous study away experience (domestic or international programs) at the college level. Previous recipients of funding from the Office of Global Opportunities will only be considered if funds remain after all other applicants are considered.
Read the requirements carefully to make sure you have the required information and materials before you proceed. Once you begin the common scholarship application, you will need to provide answers to all questions in one sitting to submit your application.
- FASFA - Applicant must have FASFA on file for current school year to be eligible for this award. Check with the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships if you are unsure if you have a FAFSA on file.
- NOTE: Awardees must ensure that there is a FAFSA on file for the term of travel (ex. if applying for a scholarship for a fall 2023 program, you MUST have a FAFSA for the 2023-2024 academic year).
Award amounts are tied to the awardee's program location and expected program related costs. Award ranges are as followed:
- Central America, North America and Caribbean: $400-$800
- South America: $600-$1200
- Europe: $750-$1500
- Africa: $1000-$2000
- Asia: $1000-$2000
- Oceania: $1000-$2000
- Virtual experiences $500-$1000
Awards are intended to defray the cost of travel associated with global opportunity programs. Award amounts may vary.
Total awards received from OHIO may not exceed combined program fee and estimated out of pocket costs (cost of attendance).
In order to receive an award, the student must be registered with the Office of Global Opportunities through the OGO Student Portal. The award will be directly applied to the student's OHIO account during the term in which the awardee is scheduled to travel.
- Summer 2024, Fall 2024, and Academic Year 2024-2025 Programs
- Friday, March 1, 2024 at 11:59pm
- Winter Break 24-25, Spring Semester 2025, and Spring Break 2025 Programs:
- To be announced when applications open (roughly the start for Fall 2024 semester)
Note: It can take up to one month after the scholarship deadline for the scholarship committees to render their decisions.
The OGO Need-Based Travel Grant is part of the Office of Global Opportunities Common Application for scholarships, which allows OHIO students to apply for multiple scholarships in one place. You can access the application: https://ohio.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cFU9taKN7VuLOFo
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or attend a drop in advising session.