OGO Need-Based Travel Grant
Office of Global Opportunities (OGO) Need-Based Travel Grant can be used for participation on OHIO Domestic programs, OHIO International programs, and other approved credit-bearing study away programs. Please reach out to OGO to make sure your program is eligible for awards.
- Must be an undergraduate, degree-seeking OHIO student applying for participation in a study away program for academic credit.
- Must qualify for financial aid according to the guidelines determined by the Ohio University Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships. All applicants must have a FAFSA on file at the time of funding application to be considered for an award. *PLEASE NOTE: Awardees must ensure that there is a FAFSA on file for the term of travel (ex. if applying for a scholarship for a fall 2020 program, you MUST have a FAFSA for the 2020-2021 academic year).
- Must be in good academic and conduct standing.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
Preference is given to students, who have not had previous study away experience (Domestic or International programs) at the college level. Previous recipients of funding from the Office of Global Opportunities will only be considered if funds remain after all other applicants are considered.
*Note this application must be completed in one login session. Your changes will not be saved if you log out before you submit. Read the instructions carefully to make sure you have the required information and materials before you proceed.
- FASFA - Applicant must have FASFA on file for current school year to be eligible for this award. Check with the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships if you are unsure if you have a FAFSA on file. *PLEASE NOTE: Awardees must ensure that there is a FAFSA on file for the term of travel (ex. if applying for a scholarship for a fall 2020 program, you MUST have a FAFSA for the 2020-2021 academic year).
- Estimated Program Cost - You are also required to submit a cost estimate for your intended program. You may upload a Student Budget Worksheet from your OHIO study away program or estimated costs from a provider program. Alternatively you can download the OGO Budget creation form here: https://goo.gl/jsZZvZ. If you have any questions about this requirement please contact the Office of Global Opportunities to work with an advisor.
Award amounts are intended to defray the cost of travel associated with global programs and are tied to the awardee's program location and expected program related costs. The award will be directly applied to students' OHIO accounts during the term in which the awardee is scheduled to travel. Award amount may vary and may not exceed combined program fee and estimated out of pocket costs.
- Central America, North America and Caribbean: $400-$800
- South America: $600-$1200
- Europe: $750-$1500
- Africa: $1000-$2000
- Asia: $1000-$2000
- Oceania: $1000-$2000
Application deadline for summer 2020, fall semester 2020, and academic year 2020-21 programs: Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Application deadline for winter break, spring semester & spring break programs 2019-20: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 11:59pm.