OGO Graduate & HCOM Travel Award
Office of Global Opportunities Graduate & HCOM Travel Award can be used for participation on OHIO Domestic programs, OHIO International programs, and other approved credit-bearing study away programs. Please reach out to OGO to make sure your program is eligible for awards.
- Must be OHIO graduate or OHIO Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine student
- Program must fit into applicant's academic program and career goals.
- HCOM students must be participating on an OHIO-sponsored program or an approved international rotation
Previous recipients of funding from the Office of Global Opportunities will only be considered if funds remain after all other applicants are considered.
*Note this application must be completed in one login session. Your changes will not be saved if you log out before you submit. Read the instructions carefully to make sure you have the required information and materials before you proceed.
- Personal statement - At the end of the application, you will need to upload a personal statement. The instructions for that essay are as follows: Please tell us about yourself, explaining your reasons for wishing to participate in an international global opportunity and outlining how your selected program fits into your future education and career. The essay should be double spaced and no more than 2 pages long. You must be prepared to upload your essay at the time of application submission.
- Letters of Reference - Two letters from academic recommenders who can speak to your academic achievements and how the study abroad experience fits into your academic and career plans. Letters of recommendation must be received by the Office of Global Opportunities no later than Friday, February 15 at 5 p.m. EDT or your application will be deemed incomplete. References should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Award amounts are intended to defray the cost of travel associated with global programs and are tied to the awardee's program location and expected program related costs. The award will be directly applied to students' OHIO accounts during the term in which the awardee is scheduled to travel. Award amount may vary and may not exceed combined program fee and estimated out of pocket costs.
- Central America, North America and Caribbean: $800
- South America: $1200
- Europe: $1500
- Africa: $2000
- Asia: $2000
- Oceania: $2000
Application deadline for summer 2020, fall semester 2020, and academic year 2020-21 programs:
- Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Application deadline for winter break, spring semester & spring break programs 2019-20:
- Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 11:59pm.