OGO Graduate & HCOM Travel Award
Office of Global Opportunities Graduate & HCOM Travel Award can be used for participation on OHIO Domestic programs, OHIO International programs, virtual experiences, and other approved credit-bearing study away programs. Please reach out to OGO to make sure your program is eligible for awards.
- Must be OHIO graduate or OHIO Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine student
- Program must fit into applicant's academic program and career goals.
- HCOM students must be participating on an OHIO-sponsored program or an approved international rotation
Previous recipients of funding from the Office of Global Opportunities will only be considered if funds remain after all other applicants are considered.
Read the instructions carefully to make sure you have the required information and materials before you proceed.
- Short Essay Prompts - All Applicants
- Tell us about yourself (This is a chance for the scholarship committee to get to know you. You may want to identify how you fit the scholarship criteria).
- Describe your prospective global experience (study, intern, volunteer, or research experience on site or virtually) and what factors led you to select this opportunity and the length of the experience.
- Why do you want to participate on your selected global experience (Please consider the following questions: what do you hope to gain, how does your experience fit into your future academic and professional plans, how will your experience allow you to share your experience with the OHIO community and/or the world)
- Two letters of reference - You are also required to submit 2 letters of reference from someone who knows you personally, professionally, or academically (not a friend or relative), speaking to how you will benefit from your chosen international experience. Please download the OGO Scholarship Reference Guide and include it in your email to your reference, as it containing helpful information for your reference writer. Your reference should submit their letter via email to: email@example.com. It is your responsibility to ensure that the required reference letter is received by the Office of Global Opportunities by the deadline.
- Estimated Program Cost - You are also required to submit a cost estimate for your intended program. You may upload a Student Budget Worksheet from your OHIO study away program or estimated costs from a provider program. Alternatively you can download the OGO Budget creation form here: https://bit.ly/budgetcreationform. If you have any questions about this requirement please contact the Office of Global Opportunities to work with an advisor.
For an overview of the questions in the application system, please click here.
Award amounts are intended to defray the cost of travel associated with global programs and are tied to the awardee's program location and expected program related costs. The award will be directly applied to students' OHIO accounts during the term in which the awardee is scheduled to travel. Award amount may vary and may not exceed combined program fee and estimated out of pocket costs.
- Central America, North America and Caribbean: $800
- South America: $1200
- Europe: $1500
- Africa: $2000
- Asia: $2000
- Oceania: $2000
Application deadline for summer 2021, fall semester 2021, or academic year 2021-22 programs.
- Applications will be accepted through 11:59pm April 15, 2021. Funds will be awarded funds on a rolling basis, as applications are reviewed each week.
Application deadline for winter break, spring semester & spring break programs 2021-22:
- October 15, 2021 at 11:59pm.
The OGO Grad/HCOM Travel Award is now part of the OGO Common Application for scholarships. Through the common application, OHIO students will be able to apply for multiple scholarships in one place. For an overview of the questions in the application system, please click here. If you have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a drop in appointment here.