J. Michael Lawrie Global Education Scholarship
The J. Michael Lawrie Global Education Scholarship can be utilized on an international OHIO-credit, OHIO exchange program, or other approved credit-bearing international study abroad experience.
Applicants for the J. Michael Lawrie Global Education Scholarship must meet all the following criteria:
- Be enrolled at Ohio University as a full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate student. f
- Be enrolled in or accepted for admission to the College of Arts and Sciences OR have a program of study in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Hold junior or senior status at the time of the program.
- Be involved in leadership activities on campus.
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA.
We suggest having all required information and materials ready before you start.
- Short Essay Prompts - All Applicants
- Tell us about yourself (This is a chance for the scholarship committee to get to know you. You may want to identify how you fit the scholarship criteria).
- Describe your prospective global experience (study, intern, volunteer, or research experience on site or virtually) and what factors led you to select this opportunity and the length of the experience.
- Why do you want to participate on your selected global experience (Please consider the following questions: what do you hope to gain, how does your experience fit into your future academic and professional plans, how will your experience allow you to share your experience with the OHIO community and/or the world)
- Essay Prompts - J. Michael Lawrie Scholarship applicants
- Tell us about your leadership-experience at Ohio University, your reasons for applying for this scholarship, and how this study abroad experience will benefit you personally, professionally and as a leader.
- 2 References - One professional and one personal reference required. Click here to download OGO Scholarship Reference Form, the applicant must complete the form before providing it to the reference writer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the two required references letters, along with the Reference Forms, are received by the Office of Global Opportunities by the application deadline. Reference writers should submit letters and forms at email@example.com.
For an overview of the questions in the application system, please click here.
- Summer 2021, Fall 2021, and Academic Year 2021-2022 Programs
- Applications will be accepted through 11:59pm April 15, 2021. Funds will be awarded funds on a rolling basis, as applications are reviewed each week.
- Winter Break, Spring Semester, and Spring Break Programs: October 15, 2021 at 11:59pm (application to open August/Sept)
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all application materials, including references and reference signature pages, are received by the application deadline.
The J. Michael Lawrie Global Education Scholarship is now part of the OGO Common Application for scholarships. Through the common application, OHIO students will be able to apply for multiple scholarships in one place. For an overview of the questions in the application system, please click here. If you have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a drop in appointment here.