J. Michael Lawrie Global Education Scholarship
The J. Michael Lawrie Global Education Scholarship can be utilized on an international OHIO faculty-led or OHIO exchange program.
Applicant Eligibility (applicant must qualify in all categories)
- Majors from the College of Arts & Sciences with junior or senior status at the time of the program.
- Be enrolled full-time in the College of Arts & Sciences.
- Minimum 3.4 cumulative GPA.
- Be involved in leadership activities on campus.
- Possess a high degree of personal integrity.
- Applications must be completed in one login session. If you log out, your work will not be saved. Have all required information and materials ready before you start.
- Personal Essay: Tell us about yourself, your leadership-experience at Ohio University, your reasons for applying for this scholarship, and how this study abroad experience will benefit you personally, professionally and as a leader. NOTE: Add your name to the header of your personal statement.
- 2 References: Click here to download and print 2 copies of the Lawrie Reference Form, The applicant must complete the form before providing it to the reference writer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the two required references letters, along with the Reference Forms, are received by the Office of Global Opportunities by the application deadline. Reference writers should submit letters and forms at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summer 2020, Fall 2020, and Academic Year 2020-2021 Programs: Friday, February 15 2020 at 11:59pm
- Winter Break, Spring Semester, and Spring Break Programs: October 1 (application to open August/Sept)
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all application materials, including references and reference signature pages, are received by the application deadline.