Global Opportunities Program Planning Resources
Risk Assessment and Review
International study abroad programs to high-risk destinations must be reviewed and approved by Study Away Risk Assessment Committee and the Provost's Office. Please see OGO's Risk Management website for more details. If you need further assistance, please contact Kirsten Dabelko.
When traveling with students, it is important to be familiar with the policies related to students studying away from campus. OGO will hold a Faculty Director Training Workshop for all new faculty directors, co-directors and assistants. It is a one-time required meeting where staff from The Office of Legal Affairs will join our office to speak about topics related to leading a domestic or study abroad program.
- Information about Mental Health Issues applicable to Study Abroad Programming [PDF]
- Education Abroad Information Regarding Institutional Equity [PDF]
For Directors Abroad and Away
Additionally, OGO has developed a number resources to assist faculty leading programs away from OHIO. Some are listed below, while others are accessible to program staff through emergency folders shared via OneDrive.
- International health insurance registration form for program staff and accompanying dependents
- Emergency Response Guidelines and Procedures [OneDrive, Program Staff Access Required] - International
- Emergency Response Guidelines and Procedures [OneDrive, Program Staff Access Required] - Domestic
- Sample study abroad program evaluation [Word]
- OGO Incident Report tool, 2022-23 - all programs
Note that all program staff and potential accompanying dependents must sign up for international health insurance coverage (see below). Additionally, please read the health and safety information available here carefully.
Director Access to the Program Staff Portal
Student applications and required paperwork are collected in the Global Opportunities Application and Registration Portal (GO App). Once a program is approved, faculty directors work with OGO staff to tailor the application to each program’s requirements. Faculty directors are able access the Program Staff Portal and view applications. Please log in using the Ohio Login at https://ohiouniversityglobal.force.com/Faculty/.