Theater and Production Management
The certificate offers a holistic approach to management and enables students to develop a greater understanding of both the professional and artisan practices behind the management and production of theater. Through classroom learning and hands-on experiences, students hone their abilities in interpersonal communication, process, shop mechanics, and overall management of the theater. The Theater and Production Management Graduate Certificate is 12 total credit hours and can be completed in two semesters.
- Students will gain an understanding of administrative skills and how they are specifically applied in the industry.
- Students will gain competencies in various aspects of production and personnel management.
- Students will learn professional and artisan practices that guide the overall management and production of theater.
- Students will hone their abilities in interpersonal communication and the ability to collaborate with–and advocate for- theater organizations, educational institutions, and/or community arts organizations.
This certificate is intended for degree-seeking graduate students. Transfer credits may not be applied to the certificate.
Opportunities upon Completion
Theater and Production managers are highly sought after in the industry, yet often come to these positions underprepared. The certificate is a valuable credential to secure employment in professional theater companies, educational institutions, and/or community arts organizations.
- Interview with theater faculty
- Resume or portfolio that details professional theater (or equivalent) experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in theater or equivalent professional experience is required.
To Apply and Get More Information
To apply for this certificate, send required materials via email to email@example.com. For more information on the Theater and Production Management Certificate, contact Jeanette Buck, firstname.lastname@example.org, Assistant Professor of Instruction, Production Manager, School of Theater.