Resource Checklists by Year
Use these yearly checklists as a guide to enhance your experience at the Russ College. Supplemental summer study is also a great option if you need to catch up, or if you want to get ahead along the way.
- Advising week for next term — see your advisor to schedule classes for next semester
- Remember, the end of the tenth week is the last day to drop a class
- Undecided students must choose a major by the end of the first year, so look out for the fall semester Majors Fair
- Determine housing for next year
- Get involved in a student org
- Take advantage of Supplemental Instruction for the classes you’re in
- Register for an internship
- Take a class at home over the summer
- Stay healthy — Hudson Health Center; Counseling and Psychological Services
- Changing majors? See the Russ College Office of Student Records
- Apply to renew or get a scholarship.
- Hang out in the Academic & Research Center
- Get a co-op
- Get involved
- Set up off-campus living
- Join a professional society, student org, leadership or academic program, tutoring program or student competition team
- Do an internship or co-op
- Get involved - peer mentor, join honor societies, Robe Leadership Institute, Engineering Ambassadors
- Think about recommendations you might need for job applications or graduate school.
- Get fired up about Senior Design!
- Undergraduate research
- Start thinking about senior year and what you want to do by the time you leave
- Register with the Career and Leadership Development Center
- Look into graduate programs in your field
- Participate in leadership and academic programs
- Get involved: Peer mentor, tutor, research
- Attend the Fall Career Fair
- Apply to graduate school
- Senior design
Here are some frequently used resources that you’ll want to have handy while you’re a student at the Russ College.