Our Beechcraft Bonanza was generously donated by our founder and Director Emeritus Richard McFarland. It is equipped with standby/backup pressure and electric systems, as well as full de-ice and extended range fuel tanks. This A36 has been one of our “flying laboratories” for development and testing a variety of airborne research equipment and is currently being used to transport center researchers and staff.
- Type: Single engine, high performance piston
- Year: 1979
- Engine: Continental IO-550, 300 HP
- Seats: 6, including pilot
- Dimensions: Wingspan 33'6", Length 27'6", Height 8'7"
- Empty weight: 2437 Lbs.
- Maximum takeoff weight: 3849 Lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 114 gals.
- Maximum speed: 234 mph.
- Cruise speed: 195 mph @ 7000 ft.
- Maximum altitude: ≈16,000 ft.
- Maximum range: ≈1,300 nm.