The Information Technology department at Ohio University Eastern is responsible for the oversight, maintenance, and updating of the various aspects of computer and technology services for the Eastern Campus. This includes the public computer labs, computers for the faculty and staff, the campus network, and internet access.
In order to provide the Eastern Campus community with the best possible access to technology and internet resources, Ohio University Eastern has several computer labs which are open to students, alumni, faculty, and the local community. (Some of the computer labs are designated for specific classes and functions, and may only be available to students enrolled in certain classes.) Every computer is connected to the network and has full Internet access via Eastern Campus’ high-speed internet connection.
Drop-In Center Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8:00AM - 6:00PM
Friday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Help Line: 740-699-1401
- Peter Lim, Applications Support Analyst and IT Coordinator
- Shannon 307B, email@example.com, 740-699-2355
- Trent Duffy, IT Support Specialist
- Library, firstname.lastname@example.org, 740-699-2338
- Ohio University Eastern Campus has wireless network access available to students, faculty and staff, and community members on campus. WiFi access is available throughout Shannon Hall and the Health and Physical Education Center, and there is limited WiFi coverage outside of the buildings (see map below).
- Students and Faculty/Staff can connect to the eduroam wireless network using their OHIO ID and password.
- Guests can connect to the OHIO University Guest wireless network.
- Additional WiFi information is available.
Computer Lab Locations:
- Learning Commons
- Computer Lab-20, 222 Shannon Hall
- Computer Lab-30, 226 Shannon Hall
- Science Lab, 333 Shannon Hall (for use for students in the science courses)
Most computers at Ohio University Eastern are running Windows 10, but there are several Macintosh and Linux computers also available. The computers have the following software installed:
- Microsoft Office 2019 and/or LibreOffice
- Mozilla FireFox
- Adobe Acrobat
- SPSS is installed in certain computer labs.
Most of the classrooms at Ohio University Eastern are equipped with a computer station, projector, and audio system with wall-mounted network connection jacks; and a few classrooms are equipped with SmartBoards. The Multimedia Room in the Learning Commons has a SmartBoard for students to use outside of class.