The Student Services Office offers a “one-stop-shop” designed to help prospective and current students succeed at OHIO. We look forward to meeting you and helping you move toward your professional career goals. We are proud of the opportunities we can provide and encourage you to call or stop by our office in Room 101, Shannon Hall, any time.
- Students at the Eastern Campus have access to professional academic advisors to assist with selecting coursework and providing guidance to help students stay on track and make progress toward the degree of their choice.
- When you are ready to apply to Eastern, visit our admissions page for specific information for new, transfer, or re-enrolling students. Student Services staff members are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Please call, email or visit our offices on the first floor of Shannon Hall.
- Career Services
- Whether you know your preferred career path or need to make a decision, our career coach can help you walk through options as you plan for your future. Mock interviews, resume writing and leadership skill development are available to you as an OHIO Student. Career services can also help you find employment or internships during your college careers and after graduation.
- Financial Aid
- Our staff members can help you wade through the sometimes-confusing world of the FAFSA, grants, loans, and scholarships to make sure your financial aid package is in order and ready each year.
- Student Accessibility Services
- If you would like to make a request for an accessibility accommodation, our staff is ready to assist you with the process.
- Writing and Math Tutoring
- In our Library students can receive additional tutoring in writing and math, and other subjects. Hours of operation vary by semester so please stop by the Library for the most up-to-date information.
- Testing Center
- The Testing Center, housed in the Library on the first floor of Shannon Hall, provides a quiet space where students can take tests for college placement in Math, English or a foreign language, as an option for make-up exams, or for online courses.
- Veteran Services
- We thank you for your service and are available to help you achieve your academic and career goals. Ohio University Eastern is a Military Friendly designated school and will assist you in the admissions process and applying for benefits.
Student Services Team
Your "Who’s Who" guide for student services. To make an appointment to see a staff member, please call (740) 699-2536.
Diann Nickerson, Enrollment Services Manager
- Financial aid, Scholarships, taking over 20 credit hour petitions
- College Credit Plus Policy
- Tuition appeals
- Re-enrolling students
- Technical & Applied Studies, Criminal Justice & back-up advising
- Federal Work Study/Student employment
- Registration, class schedule support
Jennifer Kellner-Muscar, Manager of Advising & Retention
- Academic advising for current students (assigned as advisor for all undecided, associate of arts/sciences, Specialized Studies, students who intend a major offered at Athens campus & Health Services Administration)
- Tutoring and Probation students
- Update of program forms (change of major)
- Advisor assignments
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Events: Relocate Day, Freshmen Registration events, Majors Fair
- Manages the MyOhio Student Success Network for OHIO Eastern
Lisa Jeffries, Recruitment Coordinator
- New freshmen and transfer recruiting
- High school visits
- Bobcat Ambassador Coordinator
- College/transfer fairs
- Events: Campus Visitation Days, Guidance Counselor Lunch, Orientation
Lori Poch, Records Management Associate
- Admissions applications, Registration, Management of student records
- Course Permission processing
- Grade changes
- Student Payments and CashNet
- Class schedule support
Jay Morris, College Credit Plus Coordinator
- Coordinates College Credit Plus Program
- Visits high schools and works with guidance counselors
- Meets with and advises high school students participating in the program
Nina Henderson, Accessibility Coordinator
- Coordinates Accessibility Services for students
- Facilitates accommodations for students such as note takers, extended time testing, etc.
Jamie Clark, Career Coach
- Choice of Major and What Can I Do with This Major
- Resume Writing/Cover Letters
- Mock Interviewing
- Internship, Employment and Job Search Strategies
- Social Media and Networking
- Oversees Handshake – Ohio University’s career platform for students and alumni.