- Ph.D., University of Tennessee, 2019. Business Administration, Marketing.
- M.B.A., University of Dallas, 2008. Sports & Entertainment Management.
- B.S., Texas Christian University, 2006. Media Business.
Adam Hepworth is an Assistant Professor of Marketing and Associate Director of Client Relations and faculty advisor in the Center for Consumer Research and Analytics (CRA). He received his PhD from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. His research interests focus on consumer-based strategy, customer-employee interactions, and frontline employees. Prior to academia, Adam worked for several years in the field of digital marketing.
Consumer-based marketing strategy, frontline employee marketing, services marketing, customer-interfacing employees, authentic communication
- Hepworth, Adam, Na Young Lee, and Alex R. Zablah, “Feeling Anxious: The Dark Side of Checkout Charity Solicitations,” Journal of Business Research.
- Hartman, Katherine B., Jacob L. Hiler, Jessica Babin, and Adam Hepworth (2020), “CSR and Gen Z: Expectations and Consumption Behaviors by Cause,” Journal of Management and Marketing Research, 24, 1-9.
- Krasnikov, Alexander V., Kelly Hewett, and Adam Hepworth (2020), “The Impact of Home Market Institutional Conditions on Market Entry Strategies of Firms from Emerging Markets,” in Business Practices, Growth and Economic Policy in Emerging Markets, Singapore: World Scientific Publishers.
- Hewett, Kelly, Adam Hepworth, and Sharon Watson (2016), “Integration with the Customer,” Chapter 11 in Supply Chain Integration as a Competitive Advantage, Chad W. Autry and Mark A. Moon (Eds.), Pearson: Hoboken, NJ.
Presentations & Awards
- Society for Marketing Advances Annual Conference, November 2021. Adam Hepworth, James “Mick” Andzulis, and Jessica Babin Weeks, “Inclusivity in Business Schools: Understanding the Student Experience” Orlando, FL.
- Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference, May 2020. Adam Hepworth, Nawar Chaker, and Alex R. Zablah, “Ditch the Script: Why and When Customers Respond Favorably to Frontline Employee Displays of Negative Emotion."
- American Marketing Association Summer Conference Special Session on Emerging and Neglected Topics in Sales, August 2018. Nawar Chaker, Adam Hepworth, and Alex R. Zablah, “If at First You Don’t Succeed, Try Again… Sometimes,” Boston, MA.
- American Marketing Association Winter Conference, February 2018. Adam Hepworth and Nawar Chaker, “All Stressed Out: An Examination of Frontline Employee Stressors and Future Research Agenda,” New Orleans, LA.
- American Marketing Association Winter Conference, February 2018. Adam Hepworth, Alexander V. Krasnikov, and Kelly Hewett, “Internationalization of the Emerging Market Brands: The Role of the Domestic Institutional Environment,” New Orleans, LA.
- American Marketing Association Summer Conference, August 2016. Alexander V. Krasnikov, Adam Hepworth, and Kelly Hewett, “Internationalization of Brands from Emerging Markets,” Atlanta, GA.
- Southeast Marketing Symposium, February 2016. Adam Hepworth, “Understanding Convergent Salesperson Pressures,” Starkville, MS.
- Academy of International Business Conference, 2016. Alexander V. Krasnikov, Adam Hepworth, and Kelly Hewett, “The Impact of Home Market Institutional Conditions on Market Entry Strategies of Firms from Emerging Markets,” New Orleans, LA.
- Society for Marketing Advances Conference, November 2015. Hepworth, Adam, “A Synthesis of Sales Pressures and Agenda for Future Research,” San Antonio, TX.
- 2019 Outstanding Doctoral Student Teaching Award, Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management, Haslam College of Business
- 2018 Marketing Strategy Consortium Fellow