M.Ed., College Student Personnel, Ohio University, 2008; BSH, Health Services Administration, Ohio University, 2000
Presentations & Awards
- Russ College of Engineering and Technology Outstanding Administrative Employee Award - Issued by the Russ College Awards Selection Committee, April 2019. The award recognizes an administrative employee who is nominated by Russ College colleagues for outstanding, value-added and results-based performance.
- Excellence in Service to Students Award - Issued by The National Society of Leadership and Success, Sigma Alpha Pi, April 2018. One of three faculty/staff members at Ohio University nominated and selected for this award by student organization members for exemplifying leadership and mentorship and demonstrating commitment to bettering the lives of students.
- Outstanding Learning Community Instructor Award - Issued by University College and Learning Community Programs, January 2018. Awarded by the Learning Community Advisory Committee among the nominated instructors of over 230 learning communities at Ohio University.
- Joel Rudy Award - Issued by Ohio University College of Education, June 2008. Presented for academic achievement, leadership and service in student affairs in College Student Personnel master's program.
- Outstanding Graduate Student in College Student Personnel - Issued by Ohio University College of Education, June 2008. Presented for being the top graduate in College Student Personnel master's program.
Dean serves as a career coach where he prepares College of Business students for the world of work through teaching and advising.
Dean joined the Career and Student Success Center in October 2022, with 16 years of previous experience in university career services and workforce development positions. Prior to joining the College of Business, Dean was the Workforce Advancement Manager for OhioMeansJobs-Athens County where he supervised staff who oversaw various workforce development programs. Additionally, he has previously served in various career roles for three different universities: Ohio University (Director of Professional Experiences, Russ College of Engineering and Technology); The Ohio State University (Cooperative Education and Internship Program Manager, Engineering Career Services); and The College of William & Mary in Virginia (Assistant Director, Career Center).
Through his background, Dean has a strong understanding of student development and employer relations. His passion is assisting students with their career development needs and connecting students to the employers who want to hire them.