2022 San Diego Sports Consulting Project
Earn Credit While Consulting Sports Professionals In San Diego, CA!
The San Diego Sports Consulting Project (SDSCP) began in 2011 and is designed to give students an opportunity to leverage their existing business skills, as well as develop new ones, in an exciting and challenging sports business environment. SDSCP is open to rising sophomores, juniors and seniors in all majors.
Historically, the San Diego Padres have presented the group of 35 students with a business project focused on ticket sales. Beginning in 2014, Ohio University’s AECOM Center for Sports Administration expanded the number of partners to create a more diverse set of projects. Students from Ohio University and The University of Iowa will work together to complete a consulting project based on clients needs.
Past clients have included the San Diego Padres, the National Sports Forum, the San Diego Gulls, PGA Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines, Aztec Sports Properties-Learfield Sports, Connexions Sports & Entertainment, the Greater San Diego Chapter of the ALS Association, and Competitor Group, Inc. (organizers of the Rock 'n Roll Marathon Series).
- Virtual Class Sessions: May 31-June 2
- University of San Diego: June 5-18
- Program Fee: $1,850
- Summer Session I Tuition (3 Credit Hours for SASM 4915)
- Roundtrip airfare and transportation to San Diego and the University of San Diego
- Other (some food costs, souvenirs, activities/entertainment unaffiliated with the program)
- Professional Experience
- Credit Hours/SASM 3910 Internship Requirement (option to register for 1 credit hour in Fall 2022)
- Grow network
- Portfolio piece that can be used when applying for jobs