January 2023 Specialty Programs
Ohio University WellWorks has announced two specialty programs in early 2023. With programming focused on both nutrition and movement, there are support mechanisms for a variety of wellbeing goals.
Know someone who would love to receive a gift of wellness? WellWorks invites members of the campus and community to Give the Gift of Wellness this season by placing a monetary gift on a loved one’s account.
Mindful Eating Specialty Class
If you are ready to toss the New Year diet tradition and heal your relationship with food, this is the program for you. In this 6-module program, you will not only learn the foundations of Mindful Eating, but also how to use these concepts when eating for your best health, eating out, and meal planning. You will look at the reasons why you eat and gain the tools, skills, and support you need to avoid emotional eating. You will learn to listen to your body’s cues and how to best respond them. This updated program is packed with new information, research, and fun!
Facilitated by Louise Cruz RDN, LD
Register Now for Mindful Eating >>>
Additional Details about Mindful Eating Specialty Class:
Dates: The 6-module program begins on January 10, 2023.
- Microsoft Teams-based classes will be held (at 1200 p.m. EST) on January 10, February 7, March 7, April 4, May 2, May 30.
- Monthly support calls will take place (at 1200 p.m. EST) on January 24, February 21, March 21, April 18, and May 16.
Cost: $150, with the option to split into two payments of $75
- Online via the WellWorks Member Portal or
- In-person at the WellWorks front desk, Grover Center E124 (740-594-2093)
Triathlon Training Specialty Class
Join WellWorks for Triathlon Training to jump-start your health and wellness goals in the new year! Triathlon Coach Bill Hauschild will help prepare your bodies and minds for the triathlon season. This 14-week movement class incorporates a progressive training plan and some short lectures on how to properly prepare for and navigate a triathlon. The class meets weekly and alternates between swim, bike, and run workouts. This program is timed to complete the week prior to the Race for a Reason - Ohio University, though participation in Race for a Reason is not required to attend the class.
Register Now for Triathlon Training >>>
Additional Details about Triathlon Training Specialty Class:
- $45 for WellWorks Members.
- $45 for Ohio University students when you utilize Coupon Code TRISTUD23 (That’s a savings of $50!)
- $95 for non-members, non-students
Class Options (select one):
- Tuesdays, 6:00am-7:00am. Beginner/Intermediate Class
- Tuesdays, 7:15am-8:15am. Beginner/Intermediate Class
2023 Weekly Class Schedule:
- Week 1, January 24: Swim – 100 yard swim assessment, introduction to stroke technique, drills, and conditioning
- Week 2, January 31: Bike - Course Overview, Bike – Bike fitting, introduction to spinning, conditioning
- Week 3, February 7: Run – Interval workout 400 meter assessments
- Week 4, February 14: Swim – Drills (cont) + Conditioning workout
- Week 5, February 21: Bike (Conditioning / Hill Workout) + 15 minute race simulation
- Week 6, February 28: Run – Stair workout (Convocation Center) or hill workout (outside)
- Week 7, March 7: Swim - Conditioning workout (275 yard assessment)
- Week 8, March 14: No Class (Ohio University Spring Break)
- Week 9, March 21: Bike / Run – Spinning conditioning workout (30 minute race simulation) + Run
- Week 10, March 28: Run – Two mile run assessment
- Week 11, April 4: Swim (550 yard swim assessment)
- Week 12, April 11: Bike – Spinning conditioning workout (45 minute race simulation)
- Week 13, April 18: Run – 5K run assessment on the actual triathlon course
- Week 14, April 25: Swim-Bike-Run: Mini Triathlon (focused on transitions)
- Week 15, April 29: “RACE FOR A REASON” – registration is optional.
· Over the phone at 740-593-2093
· In-person at Grover Center E124, or
- You will need to create a free account on that portal to be able to make your purchase. Employees can use SSO to log-in
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about either progra