Graduate Assistantship Positions
Assistantships are on-campus positions that are designed to supplement your classroom experience with practical experience. The Division of Student Affairs offers many assistantship opportunities. Given the partnership with The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education first consideration goes to those students applying for admission to the College Student Personnel program.
The graduate assistantship application process and the academic admissions process are separate but concurrent processes. Visit How to Apply to learn more about the application process for assistantships and for the College Student Personnel program.
For all graduate assistantship applications, you need a resume, cover letter, list of professional references, and a personal statement (optional). Candidates may apply for up to seven assistantships.
To learn more about the types of graduate assistantship opportunities available through this program, review the examples below. Not all positions are open for applicants each academic year.
Other employment opportunities are available on Ohio University Jobs.
Opportunities in the Division of Student Affairs
The positions below are available for students entering in Fall 2022. Applications will open on October 1st, 2021.
Office of the Dean of Students
- Graduate Assistant for Margaret Boyd Scholars Program
University Well-being & Campus Recreation
- Graduate Assistant for Bird Arena & Walter Field House Operations
- Graduate Assistant for Competitive Sports
- Graduate Assistant for Hockey – Assistant Coach, ACHA Division 1
- Graduate Assistant for Well-being Programming and Outreach
- Graduate Assistant for Aquatic Center
- Graduate Assistant for Outdoor Pursuits
- Graduate Assistant for Reservation and Events
Conference & Event Services
- Graduate Assistant for University Events
Community Standards & Student Responsibility
- Graduate Assistant for Community Standards and Student Responsibility
Counseling & Psychological Services
- Graduate Assistant for Recovery
Housing & Residence Life
- Graduate Resident Director
- Graduate Assistant for Recruitment, Selection, Training and Development
- GA for Housing and Residence Life – Housing Ambassador Program
- Graduate Assistant for Integrated Learning
- Assistant Resident Director
Sorority and Fraternity Life
- Graduate Assistant for Sorority & Fraternity Life
Ohio University Alumni Association
- Early Engagement Graduate Assistant
- Graduate Assistant for UCASS/Degree Programs
- Graduate Assistants for Bobcat Student Orientation
- Graduate Assistants for Learning Community Programs
Academic Achievement Center
- Graduate Assistant, Academic Assistance Programs / Academic Achievement Center
Patton College of Education
- Graduate Assistant Academic Advisor for the Patton College of Education
Division of Diversity & Inclusion
- Graduate Assistant for OMSAR Advisor
- Graduate Assistant D&I Programs
Office of Global Opportunities
- Graduate Assistant for Global Opportunities
Cutler Scholars Program
- Graduate Assistant for the Cutler Scholars Program
- Graduate College Graduate Assistant
OHIO Honors Program
- Graduate Assistant for Honors and Scholars Programs
Center for Advising, Career and Experiential Learning
- Graduate Assistant for Allen Advising
- Graduate Assistant for Career Coaching
- Graduate Assistant for Career Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Graduate Assistant for Employer Relations and Events
- Graduate Assistant for Experiential Access
- Graduate Assistant for Signature Programs
For general questions on the graduate assistantship application process, contact Assistant Vice President Imants Jaunarajs at email@example.com.
For general questions about the College Student Personnel program, contact the Higher Education and Student Affairs Program Coordinator, Lijing Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For support services and information about getting involved on campus or in the Athens community, please visit the Ohio University student page.
Should a candidate be offered a graduate assistantship position and be accepted to a master's or doctoral-level degree program, the two-year assistantship is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.