How to Apply
Application Process: Assistantships
Priority will be given to those applicants that submit their materials by January 1, 2024.
- Identify positions of interest.
- Look through the information listed on the Position Descriptions page for current 2024-25 graduate assistantship openings.
- The description links will take you directly to the Ohio University Jobs application link.
- If you choose to apply, you will be directed to create a user account on the Human Resources website.
- Provide application documents:
- Cover letter highlighting relevant skills and competencies. Candidates are asked to write individual cover letters for each application and indicate the title of their intended graduate program of study and college.
- Current résumé
- Professional references
- Professional references are not letters of recommendation. A list of names and contact information is sufficient for those that can speak to your character and success in a previous position. Former supervisors, colleagues, employers, teachers, or others with first-hand knowledge of your abilities are acceptable.