Overview of Bobcat Student Orientation (BSO)
Bobcat Student Orientation at Ohio University
Bobcat Student Orientation is responsible for the successful orientation of all new undergraduate students at Ohio University, Athens campus. Our programs are designed to ensure all students and their families/guests are welcomed, comfortable in their transitions, connected to campus resources, and confident in their academic schedules before beginning their first semester on the Athens campus of Ohio University.
The School of Visual Communication
Welcome to VisCom! For those of you majoring in Photojournalism, Commercial Photography, Interactive (Multimedia) and Publication Information Design, you'll find a wealth of information below to get you started with registering for classes and how to best succeed in our program.
Get to know the university structure
A university is comprised of different colleges and each college has a different area of focus. At Ohio University, colleges include:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Health Sciences and Professions
- Graduate College
- Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Honors Tutorial College
- Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education
- Russ College of Engineering and Technology
- University College
And, most important to you...
Scripps College of Communication
Within Scripps College of Communication, there are ﬁve schools:
- E.W. Scripps School of Journalism (JOUR)
- Media Arts & Studies (MDIA)
- Communication Studies (COMS)
- McClure School of Emerging Communication Technologies (ECT)
And, most important to you ...
School of Visual Communication (VICO)
Within the School of Visual Communication, there are four sequences (or majors):
- Commercial Photography
- Information Graphics/Publication Design
More BSO information
BSO: Your Transition to College
BSO: Your Class Scheduling Guide
BSO: Find a Student Organization for You