Details announced for TDX knowledge management training
This article was originally published in the May 19, 2022 IT Weekly.
Please reserve space on your calendars for the upcoming knowledge management training for TeamDynamix. Invitations will be sent be sent via Outlook in the next few weeks with links to additional documentation to review prior to training. Both training sessions will cover the same content and will be recorded for those who cannot attend a live session:
- Tuesday, June 7 3:15 – 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, June 13 10:30 am – 12 p.m.
The TDX knowledge base will move all user-facing help content from the OIT website into the Technology Help Center under help.ohio.edu. A new search bar will make it easier for users to find relevant help content, and knowledge articles can be attached when replying to incident and service request tickets.
All OHIO IT employees will gain the ability to draft and provide feedback on knowledge articles, which will be reviewed by a subject matter expert prior to publishing in the new knowledge management process. A separate Q&A session will be held on Tuesday, June 14 from 10:30-11:30 a.m. for those who will be approving content. All users on campus will also be able to provide feedback on the usefulness of individual articles and suggest additional content.
As with other modules, TDX provides enhanced reporting capabilities for knowledge management. For example, a report can identify articles that have not been updated in more than a year and need to be reviewed. Every article will be owned by a resource group with relevant subject matter expertise, and that group will be responsible for vetting and updating content on those pages.
The soft launch for the knowledge base and service catalog is planned for Tuesday, May 31. The new modules will be available to campus but not announced until closer to the hard launch on Thursday, June 23, when all pages under ohio.edu/oit/services will be archived and all help content only available in the Technology Help Center. The time between the soft and hard launches will be used for training, reindexing search and chatbot results, and to ensure web links are redirected correctly.
- Friday, May 20 – Last day to publish changes for all pages under ohio.edu/oit/services
- Tuesday, May 31 – Soft launch of service catalog and knowledge base
- Tuesday, June 7, 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. – OHIO IT knowledge management training
- Monday June 13, 3:15 - 4:45 p.m. – OHIO IT knowledge management training
- Tuesday, June 14, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. – Q&A for content owners and approvers
- Thursday, June 23 – Hard launch and archival of help content on OIT website; change freeze lifted