The OHIO Digital Accessibility Network is here to encourage and support efforts across all OHIO’s campuses to improve digital accessibility for everyone. Becoming a member is about taking the lead in your area to learn about digital accessibility guidelines and techniques, and then share what you have learned with others.
We meet the last Thursday of every month at 4 p.m. via Teams and all meetings are recorded for those who cannot attend. We ask that members attend at least 2 OHIO-DAN events each year. You also should consider completing some or all of the following:
- Get a free certificate in Web Accessibility Fundamentals (1 hour to complete):
- Visit the Web Fundamentals: Accessibility, Analytics, and SEO training course offered by SiteImprove.com.
- Choose Add Course Track.
- Create an account.
- You will receive a confirmation email which will give you access to the course.
- Choose the course called Web Fundamentals: Accessibility, Analytics and SEO.
- Choose the Web Accessibility Fundamentals portion of that course.
- Complete the three modules.
- Take the final assessment. When you pass, print out your certificate and show it off to everyone.
- Learn how to use assistive technology
- Go through an accessibility course specific to the tools you use (InDesign, Word, Adobe PDF, etc.)
- Learn how to review websites or applications for accessibility
- Become a digital accessibility champion in your area