US Waiver and Indemnification
The Waiver, Release and Indemnification Agreement (see below) is required for participation on a Global Opportunity Experience, including OHIO-Credit, Exchanges, "Non-OHIO" programs, or other activity that involves travel or residency off the OHIO University campus. This agreement is completed either through the Application Process (Ohio Credit/Exchanges) or during the Foreign Study Checklist or Travel Registration Packet process for Non-OHIO programs.
If you have any questions regarding the Agreement, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waiver, Release and Indemnification Agreement
In consideration for permission to participate in the university-sponsored travel experience (the "Experience"), I knowingly and voluntarily:
- acknowledge the Experience includes all travel to and from the destination, whether arranged by the University or on my own;
- acknowledge that there are risks and hazards which may arise from participation in the Experience and that these risks and hazards may result in injury, death, damage to and/or loss of property;
- acknowledge that my participation in the Experience is entirely voluntary;
- acknowledge that the University is not legally responsible for my personal safety or the safety of my property during the Experience;
- represent that I am not aware of any medical reason why I should not participate in the Experience;
- agree to follow all the safety procedures and instructions of the Experience coordinators; and
- acknowledge that any University personnel or agents participating in the Experience are not necessarily medically trained to care for any physical or medical problems of individuals participating in the Experience;
I further release and forever discharge the University, and its trustees, officers, employees, and agents from all legal claims for injuries, damages, or losses of any kind, which may arise out of my participation in this Experience, to the fullest extent permitted under law, including claims of negligence on the part of the University, but not for injuries, damages or losses resulting from the University's gross negligence, or willful or wanton conduct.
I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the University, its trustees, officers, employees and agents for any injury, damage, or losses of any kind, including court costs and attorneys' fees that may result from my negligent or intentional act or omission while participating in the Experience.
This Waiver, Release and Indemnification Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT TO BE A RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION FOR MY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, WHETHER OR NOT KNOWN OR ANTICIPATED, THAT OCCURS WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THE EXPERIENCE AND THAT IT OBLIGATES ME TO INDEMNIFY THE UNIVERSITY, ITS TRUSTEES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGE OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND CAUSED BY MY NEGLIGENT OR INTENTIONAL ACT OR OMISSION WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THE EXPERIENCE.