Facility Rental Information
Ohio University Eastern Campus rents rooms and other spaces to the public, subject to availability. Non-profit organizations are exempt from room rental fees, but may be required to pay for other services.
Normal Hours of Operation
Fall & Spring Semesters
- Monday – Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
Summer Sessions, Spring Break, & Winter Break
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
The following are available:
- Rooms seating 30-50 people with desks or tables which can be arranged to suit the needs of the group
- Rooms with interactive television capability and direct IP connections which would allow for conferencing or training
- State-of-the-art labs featuring 20-30 computers, with flat panel displays and speakers, running Windows 10 with Microsoft Office suite and full internet access.
- A 233 seat theater with comfortable seating and professional lighting and sound
For information and room reservations, contact Nancy Edgar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health and Physical Education Center
Normal Hours of Operation (during the academic school year)
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: closed
Summer Hours (May 6 - August 25, 2019)
- Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - Noon
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
(Hours subject to change, especially during holidays or special events. Please call 740-699-2503 to check hours.)
The Ohio University Eastern Campus Health and Physical Education Center, a state-of-the-art facility, has hosted many special community events including high school graduations, high school basketball tournaments, high school afterproms, concerts, convocations, youth camps, home and cooking shows, and career fairs.
The Center features an oversize gym floor that measures 100' x 120' in size. Seating capacity for the gymnasium is 3,500 (2,100 on the lower level and 1,400 on the balcony). 600 of these seats are theatre chairs with back support. The remaining 2,900 seats are traditional bleacher seats. Standing room is available on the balcony for overflow crowds.
Additional Health and Physical Education Center services available for rental include: two classroom/meeting rooms, a 100 seat café area, and a furnished patio with seating for 40.
For information regarding the Health and Physical Education Center rental fees for your special event please contact E. J. Schodzinski at (740) 699-2503 or via email at email@example.com.
Both Shannon Hall and the Ohio University Eastern Campus Health and Physical Education Center are equipped with wireless internet. Guest access can be granted on a limited time basis with advance notice. All rooms are handicap accessible.
Ohio University observes the following holidays:
- New Year's Day - January 1
- Martin Luther King Day - Third Monday in January
- * Presidents' Day - Third Monday in February
- Memorial Day - Last Monday in May
- Independence Day - July 4
- Labor Day - First Monday in September
- * Columbus Day - Second Monday in October
- Veterans' Day - November 11
- Thanksgiving Day - Fourth Thursday in November
- Christmas Day - December 25
- ** Winter Break Closure (WBC) - The WBC calls for closure of the University from December 25th through January 1st each year
* These two "floating holidays" are scheduled on other days than the traditional dates shown. Columbus Day is typically scheduled for the Friday after Thanksgiving, and President's Day is typically scheduled for December 26.