Search within:

Policies, Forms and FAQs


  • Declaring or Changing a Major, Minor or Certificate (link)- Please note that some majors require students to enter in a pre-major, and some majors are selective. All students must have at least a 2.00 cumulative GPA to enter the College of Health Sciences and Professions, and students from other colleges may apply during the first seven weeks of each semester.
  • Transfer Credit Pre-Approval (link) - Do you plan to complete a course at another institution to transfer back to your academic program here at Ohio University?  Have it pre-approved so you can get a conclusive answer and avoid problems.
  • Transfer Credit Re-Evaluation Request (link) - Do you have credit that would like to request a re-evaluation for? Do so using this form. You will need to include a course syllabus as part of this process. 
  • DARS Adjustment (link) - Any possible course substitution or waiver in your academic program must be reviewed and approved by faculty before your DARS can reflect it. Use this form to initiate this process.
  • Request for Change of Academic Advisor (link)- Use this form to request a new academic advisor. 
  • Pass/Fail Grading Option - Please email at the beginning of a term if you would like to complete an elective course with the pass/fail option, and we will be happy to assist you.
  • Permission to Exceed 20 Hours - Web registration will not allow a student to enroll in a course that causes the total term hours to exceed 20. Please email to request permission to register for more than 20 hours in a semester. Students will incur additional tuition for each hour over 20.
  • Petition for Reinstatement (PDF) - Complete/return this if you wish to be considered for reinstatement as a student after a period of academic dismissal.
  • Release of Information (PDF)