Grover Center Information
Grover Center, home to the College of Health Sciences and Professions, is a bustling facility where much of the work of the College is accomplished. From classrooms and labs to fitness facilities and a certified green cafe, Grover Center offers everything our students need in order to build a foundation for future success.
Grover Center Fast Facts:
- Grover Center opened in 1960 and served as Ohio University's Basketball arena until 1968.
- The facility is named after Butch Grover, an Ohio University alumnus who served as the Bobcats' basketball coach from 1922 to 1938.
- In 2001, the building reopened after a $24 million renovation that transformed it into an architecturally distinct, state-of-the-art education and research facility.
- Today, Grover Center features 21 classrooms, 24 labs, a fitness complex, a cafe, and wireless Internet throughout the building.