- PhD (ABD), Biomedical Informatics, University of Nebraska at Omaha, 2018 anticipated
- MSc, Biomedical Informatics, University of Nebraska at Omaha, 2013
- BS, Biology with Chemistry Minor, Linfield College, 2000
Johns Hopkins University, Coursera, April 2017, R Programming
University of Waikato, WekaMOOC, June 2015, Data Mining With Weka
University of Waikato, WekaMOOC, July 2015, More Data Mining With Weka
- Precision Medicine
- Enhancing healthcare provider communication with IT
- Telehealth and mHealth
- Direct-to-Consumer genetic tests
- Electronic Health Records and communication
- Big health data and data mining
- BMC Medical Genomics
Building Towards Precision Medicine: Empowering Medical Professionals for the Next Revolution, May 10, 2016, McGrath, S. Ghers1, D, DOI :10.1186/s129209016-0183-8
- Public Health Genomics
Comprehension and Data-Sharing Behavior of Direct-To-Consumer Genetic Test Customers, McGrath S.P. - Coleman J, Najjar L, Fruhling A, Bastola D.R. DOI 10.1159/000444477
- AMIA 2017 Annual Symposium Developing A M Health Telemedicine App for Certified Athletic Trainers. McGrath, S., McGrath, M., Bastola, D. R.
- Proceedings of the 2015 International Conference on Brain Informatics & Health
Extending Concussion Evaluations with telemedicine for Certified Athletic Trainers
McGrath, S., Bastola, D. K.
- IEEE Data Analysis Patterns in Software Engineering (DAPSE)
Concept to Commit: A Pattern Designed to Trace Code Changes From User Requests to Change Implementation By Analyzing Mailing Lists and Code Repositories
McGrath, S., Bastola, D.K., Siy, H.
- IEEE Healthcare Informatics, Imaging and Systems Biology (HISB) A Comparison of Computational Approaches in the Molecular Identification of Pathogenic Organisms, Bastola, D.K., McGrath, S., Bhowmick, 5., Thapa, I.
- GRACA, Workflow Analysis of the Juvenile Diversion Case Management System (JDCMS) in Nebraska.
- NASA mini-grant, Adapting a Telemedicine Device for Implementation in Space Flight.
- Assistant Editor MedInfo 2017: 16th World congress on Medical and Health Informatics
- Reviewing for Conferences; ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computation Biology and Health Informatics, International Conference on Computational Science, AMIA Annual Symposium, BIOSTEC: International joint Conference on Biomedical engineering Systems and Technologies, and BILIS: International Workshop on High Performance Computing Systems for Biomedical, Bioinformatics and Life Sciences
- American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA)
- International Society for Computational Biology
- AMIA Clinical Research Informatics Working Group