· PhD, Health Behavior, Indiana University, 2012
· MPH, Behavioral Health Sciences, Morgan State University, 2008
· BS, Psychology, Morgan State University, 2006
· Sexual health, HIV/AIDS, stigma and other sexually transmitted infections
· Community based participatory research
· Comorbidity of HIV and non-communicable diseases
· Cervical cancer
· Pregnancy expectations and experiences
· HLTH 4120/5120: Global Health Programming
· HLTH 2050: Preventing HIV and STIs
· HLTH 3100: Health Behavior theory in Public and Community Health
· HLTH 6710: Public Health Concepts
· HLTH 6150: Maternal and Child Health in Africa
· HLTH 6170: HIV/AIDS in Africa
· Kingori, C., Darlington, K., Kuhlman, J., Basta, T. (2019). Pregnancy Expectations and Experiences among Women in Southeast Ohio: Implications for Clinical Practice. Ohio Journal of Public Health, 2 (1).
· Letshwenyo-Maruatona, S. B., Madisa, M., Boitshwarelo, T., George-Kefilwe, B., Kingori, C., Ice, G., ... & Haile, Z. T. (2019). Association between HIV/AIDS knowledge and stigma towards people living with HIV/AIDS in Botswana. African Journal of AIDS Research, 18(1), 58-64. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2989/16085906.2018.1552879
· Haile, Z., Kingori, C., Chavan, B., Francescon, J; Tewelderberhan, A. (2018). Association between risky sexual behavior and cervical cancer screening among women in Kenya: A population-based study. Journal of Community Health. DOI 10.1007/s10900-017-0410-z
· Kingori, C., Nkansah, M., Haile, Z., Darlington, K. Basta, T. (2017). Factors Associated with HIV Related Stigma Among College Students in the Midwest. AIMS Public Health, 4(4):347-363 doi: 10.3934/publichealth.2017.4.347
· Haile, Z., Kingori, C., Darlington, K. A., Basta, T., & Chavan, B. (2017). HIV Risk Perception Among College Students at a University in the Midwest. Sexuality & Culture, 21(1), 62-73.
· Kingori, C., Ice, G. H., Hassan, Q., Elmi, A., & Perko, E. (2016). ‘If I went to my mom with that information, I’m dead’: sexual health knowledge barriers among immigrant and refugee Somali young adults in Ohio. Ethnicity & Health, 1-14.
· CHSP Innovative Research Grant (Spring 2017) Ohio University. Selected markers of development of diabetes among HIV-positive individuals receiving treatment at an urban hospital in Ghana Role and responsibility: Principal Investigator
· University of West Florida Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (2017), University of West Florida. Biomarkers associated with disease progression in HIV/AIDS patients. Role and responsibility: Co-Investigator. PI: Peter Memiah Ph.D. (University of West Florida)
· DSPH Interdisciplinary Research Award (2016) Ohio University. Department of Social and Public Health. Perception and Utilization of Cervical Cancer and Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccination among Somali Immigrants in Central Ohio. Role and responsibility: Principal Investigator.
· Infectious and Tropical Disease Institute (ITDI) Ohio University. The Implementation of a Brief Educational Intervention to Increase HIV and HCV Testing among Injection Drug Users in Athens County. Role and responsibility: Co-Investigator. Co-PI: Tania Basta and Sharon Casapulla
· Global Health Initiative Research and Scholarly Award (GHIRSA) (2014) Ohio University. Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Botswana: Sexual Violence and Community Resources for Traumatic Stress. Role and responsibility: Principal Investigator.
· Program Coordinator, Master of Public Health Program, Department of Social and Public Health, Ohio University, Athens, OH
· Team lead: Reproductive and Sexual Health Initiative, Infectious and Tropical Disease Institute, Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, Ohio University, Athens OH
· Governing Councilor: American Public Health Association – International Health Section
· Section Councilor, HIV/AIDS Section, American Public Health
· Member: University International Council, Ohio University, Athens OH
For more information on research publications visit: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Caroline_Kingori