· BS, Athletic Training, Wilmington College, 1994
· MS, Kinesiology, Indiana University, 1996
· Ph.D., The Ohio State University, Higher Education Policy and Leadership, 2001
· Athletic identity in adolescents
· Psychosocial impact of concussion on adolescents
· Onboarding of newly credentialed athletic trainers
· Ohio University, Post-Professional Athletic Training Program (2015-current)
· The Ohio State University, Professional Athletic Training Program (2001-2013)
· East Coast Volleyball Tournaments, Medical Director (2006-2014)
· Urbana High School, Athletic Trainer (1997-1998)
· Urbana University, Athletic Trainer (1996-1998)
· Harris, L. L., Kelley, K. A., Apke, T. L., Cleary, D., Varekojis, S. L., & White, S. E. (2018). Validation of an instrument for measuring professional behaviors across students enrolled in allied health professional programs. Journal of Allied Health, 47(3),190-195.
· Hunt, T. N. & Harris, L. L. (2018). A theoretical model of academic return to learn following sport-related concussion in adolescent athletes. Annals of Sports Medicine and Research, 5(1),1128-1132.
· Hunt, T. N. & Harris, L. L. (2017). The psychological impact of cognitive rest following sport-related concussion on low socioeconomic status adolescent patients. Journal of Allied Health, 46(4),e81-83.
· Hunt, T., Harris, L., & Way, D. (2017). The impact of concussion education on the knowledge and perceived expertise of novice healthcare professionals. Athletic Training Education Journal, 12(1),26-38. DOI: 10.4085/120126.
· Cox, L., Harris, L.L., Sergakis, G., Clutter, J. E. (2013). Learning style of undergraduate allied health students: Clinical versus classroom. Journal of Allied Health, 42(4),223-228.
· Clapper, D. C. & Harris, L. L. (2008). Reliability and validity of an instrument to describe burnout among intercollegiate athletic trainers. Journal of Athletic Training, 43(1),62-69.
· Harris, L. L,, Demb, A. B., Pastore, D. L. (2005). Determining changes in athletic training students’ perceptions of the injured collegiate student-athlete. Journal of Allied Health, 34(2): 101-109.
· Harris, L. L. (2003). Integrating and analyzing psychosocial and stage theories to challenge the development of the injured collegiate athlete. Journal of Athletic Training, 38(1):75-82.
Awards and Honors
· Most Distinguished Athletic Trainer Award, National Athletic Trainers’ Association (June 2017)
· Outstanding Educator Award, Great Lakes Athletic Trainers’ Association (March 2017)
· Athletic Training Service Award, National Athletic Trainers' Association (June 2014)
· Ohio Athletic Trainer of the Year, Ohio Athletic Trainers' Association (May 2013)
· Service Award, School of Health and Rehabilitative Sciences, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus OH (May 2011)
· Excellence in Teaching Award, School of Health and Rehabilitative Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus OH (May 2007)
· Excellence in Teaching Award, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus OH (May 2007)
· Linda Weber Daniel Outstanding Mentorship Award, Ohio Athletic Trainers' Association (May 2007)
· Clint Thompson Award for Outstanding Manuscript, Journal of Athletic Training (June 2003)
· Great Lakes Athletic Trainers’ Association, Executive Board (2018-current)
· Ohio Athletic Trainers’ Association, Executive Committee (2018-current)