● PhD, Medical Sociology, Case Western Reserve University, 2015
● MHSA, Health Services Administration, Xavier University, 2006
● BS, Health Services Administration, Ohio University, 2004
● Health care policy, particularly for special populations such as children
● Community and population health and health care access
● Health care organizations
● HLTH 2170: Health System Organization, Financing, and Delivery
● HLTH 4375: Health Care Policy
● HLTH 4445: Health Care Law and Ethics
· Cronin, C. E., Franz, B., Skinner, D., & Haile, Z. T. (2019). Hospitals and substance use disorder services in the time of the opioid epidemic. Health services research. 54(2), 439-450 https://doi.org/10.1111/1475-6773.13116
· Franz, B., Cronin, C.E., Skinner, D., and Pagan, J. (2019.) State Opioid Policies May Influence Non-Profit Hospital Decisions to Address Substance Abuse in their Communities. Medical Care Research and Review
· Franz, B., Cronin, C.E., Wainwright, A. and Pagan, J.A., (2019) A. Measuring Efforts of Non-profit Hospitals to Address Opioid Abuse after the Affordable Care Act. Journal of Primary Care and Community Health. 10
· Franz, B., Cronin, C.E., and Singh, S.R. (2019) Are Nonprofit Hospitals Addressing the Most Critical Community Health Needs That They Identify in Their Community Health Needs Assessments? Journal of Public Health Management and Practice doi: 10.1097/PHH.0000000000001034
· Cronin, C. E., & Gran, B. G. (2018). The importance of environment: Neighborhood characteristics and parent perceptions of child health. Journal of Child Health: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1367493518768453
· Cronin, C. E., Schuller, K. A., & Bolon, D. (2018). Hospital Administration as a Profession. Professions and Professionalism 8: https://journals.hioa.no/index.php/pp/article/view/2112.
· Cronin, C. E., & Kelley, J. (2018). The Roles of Parent Perception and Insurance Status in Child Health Care Utilization. Journal of Health and Human Services Administration, 41(1), 3-25.
● Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. October 2019. “Understanding the Contributions For-Profit Hospitals Make as Community Anchors: Does a Corporate Mission Detract from Social Responsibility?” Role: Principal Investigator. Funded in the amount of $237,966.
● Ohio University Research Council. Fall 2018. “Do You Need a Ride? Overcoming Transportation Barriers.” Role: Principal Investigator. Funded in the amount of $7,975.
● Ohio Department of Health. Ohio Rural Health Improvement Process, $100,000. Spring 2018. Role and Responsibility: Co-investigator. Funded
● Ohio University College of Health Sciences and Professions Interdisciplinary Health Research Grant. (2018, April). Exploring Transportation Barriers in Southeast Ohio from a Community Perspective. Role: PI. Internal grant from the College ($5,000).
● Ohio University College of Health Sciences and Professions Innovative Research Grant. (2017, April). “Understanding the Intentions and Efficacy of Hospital Community Benefit.” Role: PI. Internal grant from the College ($10,000).
● Buckeye Hills-Hocking Valley Regional Development District. (2017, January). Extramural contract awarded for the “Perry County Health Care Access Feasibility Study.” Role: Co-Investigator ($50,000).
Awards and Honors
● University Professor, Ohio University (2019)
● Lee Cibrowski Faculty Advising and Mentoring Award, College of Health Sciences and Professions, Ohio University (2017).
● Bruning Teaching Fellowship. Ohio University (2016-2017)
● Founding Co-president Ohio Rural Health Association
● Member Appalachian Rural Health Institute
● Co-Advisor for Ohio University Society of Health Administrators
● Committee Member Holzer Clinic Ethics Committee 2018- present
● Program Coordinator Health Services Administration Undergraduate Degree Program 2017-present
● Administrative Consultant
FWI Healthcare 2007-2010
Worked with various health care facilities. Projects included strategic plans, feasibility studies, preparations for accreditation review, analyses of facility expenditures, maintenance of policy manual, and researching and reporting on new Medicaid and Medicare regulations.
● Director, Patient Care Services Operations
St. Francis Medical Center, Monroe LA 2006-2007
Under CEO, worked with strategic planning, policy development, and community outreach projects. Under CNO, responsible for the business/financial operations of the hospital’s nursing/patient care staff and direct management for the Non-Invasive Testing Department. Member of ethics committee