Psychology Experiment Sign Up
Web Based Experiment Management System
Students in introductory psychology classes can obtain direct experience with research by participating in studies conducted within the Psychology Department. Students who are in Psychology 1010 or other courses offer research participation experience credit can access the Psychology Experiment Sign-Up System.
Find the location of an experiment:
Information for Ohio University students and researchers:
- Information about Participation in Psychology Studies
- Researcher Information on Participant Pool Procedures
- Department's Human Participants Policy
- Link to Research Compliance office (IRB)
- User Manual for the sign-up system (includes sections for participants/students, researchers, and instructors) [PDF]
As an alternative to participation in on-going research, students can obtain research credit by responding to a set of questions regarding the methodology involved in studies reported in psychology journal articles. Articles and set of questions can be found via the link below or via an instructor. Students should read an article, complete the set of questions and either attach or paste to an email message from his or her OHIO email account to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students are expected to spend about one hour on each article and, thus, will receive one credit for each article and set of questions. IMPORTANT: Students may submit only two (2) article option forms per week (beginning/ending Saturdays at midnight) per course offering research credits. Each must be sent in separate emails (from OHIO account). Students planning not to participate in research, must plan ahead to obtain the credits desired.
- Possible Journal Articles
- Article Option Journal Summary Form (Note: Submit this form no more frequently than two times per week and at least by the last day of classes.)
Note: The Communications Studies Research Pool is a different site.
For questions on the Experimental Sign-Up System, email email@example.com.
Possible Articles for the Article Option alternative to research: