Developmental Disability & Disability (Acquired) Resources in the ADDRESSING Model
This office oversees the university's compliance with policies related to promoting equal opportunity in education and employment and the university's goal to improve inclusion and accessibility for persons living with disabilities who engage with the university. It provides training and ensures educational and workplace support services. The office also takes reports regarding accessibility concerns.
- Specific training on compliance for inclusion and accessibility issues available through OEOA is available.
- Volunteer Respite Program provides free respite services for caregivers of adults with disabilities (including dementia).
Organizations on Campus
- American Sign Language Club
- Student Council for Exceptional Children
The Faculty Responsibilities page on the Student Accessibility Services website provides information regarding instructor responsibilities for students receiving accommodations due to disabilities.
- Athens County Board of Developmental Disabilities
- Athens on Demand transit provides affordable and accessible transportation to individuals with disabilities in Athens County.
- Athens City Commission on Disabilities has a resource directory for all sorts of services for those with developmental or acquired disabilities.
- SE Ohio Aging and Disability Resource Network
- The Gathering Place (for persons recovering from mental illness)
- ATCO provides opportunities for adults with developmental disabilities