ADDRESSING Model Age & Generation Resources
- Ohio University Respite Volunteer Program—This program provides free respite services for caregivers of adults with disabilities (including dementia).
- Ohio University Emeriti Association—This group is open to any Ohio University Emeriti faculty who wish to pay the dues and join the association. The association encourages interaction of Emeriti through monthly meetings, speakers on topics of interest to the groups, trips to cultural programs, and coordination of volunteer opportunities in the community and university (including the Emeriti Park).
- Resources for nontraditional students—Commuter student services offers special advising, free tutoring, and a 24-hour access to a commuter lounge with lockers, fridge, microwave, tables, chairs, TV, computers, and couches.
The university offers certificates for graduate and undergraduate students who complete extra course and experience in aging areas. These certificates are currently under revision by a Faculty Learning Committee headed by Dr. Julie Suhr of the Psychology Department and in collaboration with members of the Collaborative on Aging.
- Area Agency on Aging
- United Seniors of Athens County
- Artful Aging Ohio
- Silver Sneakers at the Community Center
- Athens County Senior Center
- Athens Village
- Senior Companions
- Foster Grandparents
- Retired Senior Volunteers
- John J. Gerlach Center for Senior Health
- SE Ohio Aging and Disability Resource Network
- SE Ohio Home Health Care and Hospice Network