- Ph.D., Florida State University, Management Information Systems
- B.B.A. (with Honors), New Mexico State University, Business Computer Systems
Gabe Giordano is Professor and Chair of Analytics and Information Systems. He teaches Management Information Systems courses in undergraduate, MBA, and professional programs. Previously, he taught in graduate programs at IESE Business School in Barcelona and Madrid, and worked in the custom business research industry in Phoenix. His research looks at challenges associated with virtual work and collaboration, cybersecurity training, detection of deception in virtual communication, and leadership strategies for digital transformation projects. His work has been published in top academic and practitioner outlets, and it has been reported about by major media outlets. Gabe also collaborates with businesses on research in these areas, and he has worked with organizations in automotive manufacturing, insurance, airport management, and IT services.
- Challenges with using new types of communication in organizations
- Detection of deception in computer-mediated communication
- Implementation strategies for transformational enterprise systems
- Assistant Professor, IESE Business School (Barcelona, Spain)
- Instructor and Research Assistant, Florida State University
- Automation and Graphics Specialist, Research International
- House, D.; Giordano, G. (2020) “Politeness in security directives: Insights in browser compliance for the human element.” Computers & Security.
- George, J.; Gupta, M.; Giordano, G.; Mills, A.; Tennant, V.; Lewis, C. (2018) “The Effects of Communication Media and Culture on Deception Detection Accuracy.” MIS Quarterly, 42(2), 551-575.
- Giordano, G. and George, J. (2013) “The Effects of Task Complexity and Group Member Experience on Computer-Mediated Groups Facing Deception.” IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, 56(3), 210-225.
- Kaganer, E., Giordano, G., Brion, S., and Tortoriello, M. (2013) “Media Tablets for Mobile Learning: Friend or Foe?” Communications of the ACM, 56(11), 68-75.
- Giordano, G., Lamy, A., and Janasz, Tomasz. (2011) “Who’s the Leader? Financial IT Integration at a Global Insurance Company.” 360° - The Business Transformation Journal, June, 52-59. — Reprinted in (2013) Uhl, A. and Gollenia, L. (Eds), Business Transformation Essentials: Case Studies and Articles. Surrey, England: Gower.
- Giordano, G., George, J., and Marett, K. (2011) “Reviewers and the Detection of Deceptive Information in Recorded Interviews." Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 41(2), 252-269.
- George, J., Marett, K. and Giordano, G. (2008) "Deception: Towards an Individualistic View of Group Support Systems." Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 9(10), 653-676.
- Giordano, G. and Tilley, P. (2006). “The Effects of Computer-Mediation, Training, and Warning on False Alarms in an Interview Setting.” Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 18(6), 226-238.