James "Mick" Andzulis
- Ph.D., Marketing, University of Alabama, 2014
- MS, Finance, Temple University, 2006
- MBA, Villanova University, 2001
- BS, Chemical Engineering, Penn State University, 1996
Areas of interest include: Strategy, Sales, Sales Management, Sales Technology, Social Media, B2B, B2C, Retail, Services, Organizational Frontlines, Relationship Management, Retail Arbitrage and Sales Diversion.
- Duleep Delpechitre, Matthew Lastner, Emily Goad and Mick Andzulis, (2021). “Thank You for Being a Friend: A Peer Learning Approach to Marketing Education.” Journal of Marketing Education, (forthcoming).
- Melanie Lorenz, Jase Ramsey, Mick Andzulis and George Franke, (2020). “The Dark Side of Cultural Intelligence: Exploring Its Impact on Opportunism, Ethical Relativism, and Customer Relationship Performance,” Business Ethics Quarterly, (forthcoming).
- Carla Childers, Katie Hartman, Jacob Hiler and Mick Andzulis, (2019). “Client Projects: Student Attitudes, Learning Outcomes, and Project Evaluations,” Journal of Education for Business, July.
- Katharine Hartman and James Andzulis, (2019). “Industry-Based Certificates: Student Perceptions of Benefits,” Research in Higher Education Journal, 36, 1-10.
- Katherine Hartman, Mary Tucker and James Andzulis, (2018). “Using Class Presentation to Educate Business Students about Accreditation and Assurance of Learning,” Journal of Scholastic Inquiry: Business, 9(1), 7- 32.
- Matt Lastner, Rebecca Rast and James “Mick” Andzulis, (2016) “Creating Win-Win Collaborations for Students: An Immersive Learning Project for Advanced Sales Courses,” Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education. 24, 43-48.
- Raj Agnihotri, Adam Rapp, Tom Baker and James “Mick” Andzulis, (2015) " Competitive Intelligence Collection and Use by Sales and Service Representatives: How Managers’ Recognition and Autonomy Moderate Individual Performance," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 43(3) 357-374.
- Raj Agnihotri, Adam Rapp, James “Mick” Andzulis and Colin Gabler, (2014) “Examining the Drivers and Performance Implications of Boundary Spanner Creativity,” Journal of Service Research, 17(2), 164-181.
- Kevin Trainor, James “Mick” Andzulis, Adam Rapp, and Raj Agnihotri, (2014) “Social Media Technology Usage and Customer Relationship Performance: A Capabilities-Based Examination of Social CRM,” Journal of Business Research, 67(6), 1201-1208.
- George R. Franke, Adam Rapp and James “Mick” Andzulis, (2013) “Using Shortened Scales in Sales Research: Risks, Benefits, and Strategies,” Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management, 33(3), 319-328.
- James “Mick” Andzulis, Nikolaos Panagopoulos and Adam Rapp (2012) “A Review of Social Media and Implications for the Sales Process,” Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management, 32(3), 305-316.
- Alexander Ellinger, Daniel Lynch, James Andzulis and Ronn Smith (2003) “B-to-B E–Commerce: A Content Analytical Assessment of Motor Carrier Web Sites,” Journal of Business Logistics, 24(1), 199-220.
- Adam Rapp, James “Mick” Andzulis and Niels Schillewaert (2013) “e-Services,” in Serving Customers: Global Services Marketing Perspectives, written by Fisk, R., Russell-Bennett, R., and Harris, L., 1st edition, Tilde University Press: Australia.
Presentations and Awards
- Ohio University College of Business, Marketing Departmental Impact Award – Inaugural Winner
- Shugan’s Top20 Marketing Meta Journal at The University of Florida: Volume 5 Issue 5 May 2018
- Top 20 Articles published after 5/1/2014 (cites as of 6/01/2018) for 2014 Journal of Business Research article
- Emerald Literati Citation of Excellence - Highly Cited and Highly Influential Paper for "Social Media Technology Usage and Customer Relationship Performance: A Capabilities-Based Examination of Social CRM" in the Journal of Business Research
- AMA Sales SIG Doctoral Dissertation Award Runner-up
- Sales Educators’ Academy Class Design Workshop Team Teaching Presentation Award Winner
- University of Alabama Graduate School’s Outstanding Dissertation Award Nominee and
- Culverhouse College of Commerce Division Winner
- University of Alabama ‘Culverhouse College of Commerce Award for Excellence in Research by a Doctoral Student’ – Nominated by UA Marketing Department, Chosen by University-wide Selection Committee
- University of Alabama PhD Marketing Alumnus Mary Dunstan Award
- University of Alabama Watson Little Award
- University of Alabama Chapter AMA Outstanding Doctoral Student Award
- SMA Doctoral Consortium Fellow – Hilton Head, SC
- Sales Educators’ Academy doctoral student scholarship – Rollins College, Orlando, FL
- AMS World Marketing Congress Doctoral Consortium – Melbourne, Australia
- Alpha Mu Alpha national marketing honorary Inductee
- AMS Stanley Hollander Award for Best Retailing Paper
- NCSM Doctoral Fellow Award with Colin Gabler
- SMA Irwin/McGraw Hill Steven J. Shaw Best Conference Paper Award
- SMA Best Paper Award – Sales and Sales Management Track
- SMA Best Paper Award – Business-to-Business Marketing Track
- Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society Inductee
“Dr. Mick” is currently serving as Associate Professor and Chair of the Marketing Department, and Director of Academics with the Ralph and Luci Schey Sales Centre, at Ohio University. Having completed his doctorate at the University of Alabama in 2014, Mick began his academic career by working to launch the Professional Sales Institute at LSU. Prior to his PhD, he received his MS in Finance from Temple University, MBA in Corporate Management from Villanova University, and BS in Chemical Engineering from Pennsylvania State University. Mick’s extensive work (and consulting) experience spans several industries, and has informed and inspired his research projects, having worked most recently as an independent consultant for Andzulis Engineering, senior business consultant for Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, and analyst for The Boeing Company. His primary research interests include sales, sales management, strategy and technology, and he has published in JAMS, JSR, JPSSM, JBR, JBL, BEQ and JAME, as well as a textbook chapter on e-Services. Mick’s work has also earned four conference best paper awards including the 2012 AMS Stanley Hollander Award for Best Retailing Paper, 2011 SMA Irwin/McGraw Hill – Steven J. Shaw Best Conference Paper, 2011 SMA Sales & Sales Management track Best Paper Award, and the 2001 SMA B2B Marketing track Best Paper Award. In addition to acting as an ad hoc reviewer for numerous journals and conferences, he serves on the editorial review boards of JMTP, JGSMS and BJM. Mick has also served as President of the Philadelphia Alumni Chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma, International Honor Society, as well as a member of the boards of the National Conference in Sales Management (NCSM) and the AMA Sales SIG.