Festivals, Events, and Entertainment Management Certificate
Be on the cutting edge of event management
The Festivals, Events, and Entertainment Management (FEEM) Certificate Program addresses the growing demand for individuals who have the ability to effectively plan, organize and implement festivals, events and entertainment experiences in a wide variety of settings. The demand for human resource capacity in this field is expected to rise as the field continues to emerge as a distinct profession.
This certificate program is especially appropriate for those interested in planning sporting events, recreational festivals and events, hospitality and tourism festivals and events, and music festivals and events, community events, and a wide range of other festival, event, and entertainment experiences.
The FEEM Certificate requires that students choose an area of specialization. The three areas are:
- Festivals, Events, and Entertainment Management for Sport Management
- Festivals, Events, and Entertainment Management for Parks, Recreation, and Leisure
- Festival, Events, and Entertainment Management for Restaurant, Hotel, and Tourism
Courses in FEEM Certificate
The FEEM Certificate requires a minimum of 15 hours with a minimum C– grade in certificate courses.
Core Course (3 credit hours)
All students complete the following course:
- MGT 3580 — Foundations of Festivals, Events, and Entertainment Management
Area of Specialization Courses (12 credit hours)
Choose one specialization area and complete four courses in that area:
- SASM 3760 — Sport Facility and Event Management
- SASM 4010 — Advanced Sport Event Management
- SASM 4020 — Advanced Sport Facility Management
- SASM 4915 — Sport Management Expedition: FEEM Certificate
Parks Recreation, and Leisure
- REC 3050 — Planning and Operating Recreation Areas and Facilities
- REC 3100 — Recreation Programming
- REC 3630 — Festival and Special Events Operations
- REC 4920 — Practicum in Recreation and Leisure: FEEM Certificate
Restaurant, Hotel, and Tourism
- RHT 3410 — Principles of Tourism
- RHT 3600 — Catering for the Hospitality Industry
- RHT 3620 — Convention and Event Planning
- CONS 4910 — Field Work in Consumer Sciences: Career Technical Education: FEEM Certificate
The FEEM Certificate does not include an application process. During the MGT 3580 foundations course, students who want to pursue the FEEM Certificate will get assistance with declaring their specialization.
Faculty with the FEEM Certificate selected industry experts to provide course content, guest lecture, mentor select students and identify consulting projects for the sports management concentration. These fellows are:
- Keller Taylor, MBA '08, MSA '09 is an expert in operations management and a Certified Venue Professional.
- Jackie Reau BSJ '92, MSA '12 is CEO and Co-Founder of Game Day, an award-winning multimedia marketing firm in Cincinnati.
- Don Schumacher has more than forty-five years' experience operating sports facilities, bidding on preparing for and presenting sports events and consulting in the sports event travel industry.
- Justin Bergh is the general manager of The CrossFit Games and brings twenty years of event management, golf industry, sport technology, and media negotiation expertise to the FEEM Certificate.
The FEEM Certificate Program is interdisciplinary, where students choose their concentration sponsored by departments across campus. Students with questions about a specific specialization should contact the appropriate faculty member listed below: