Major Recurring Events
Black Alumni Reunion (BAR)
Black Alumni Reunion occurs every 3 years at Ohio University. It is an opportunity for the entire Ohio University community to acknowledge and celebrate the legacy of diversity at OHIO and for Black alumni to reconnect with one another, with the Athens campus, and with Bobcats following in their footsteps.
State Government Alumni Luncheon (SGAL)
Since 1983, the State Government Alumni Luncheon has honored those alumni who work in public service to the state of Ohio. Every spring, more than 150 graduates and friends of Ohio University come together for this annual event.
More about SGAL
- The hosts for this event over the years have included the Office of the President, Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs, Department of Political Science and the Ohio University Alumni Association.
- History of State Government Luncheon
- Previous luncheon speakers
- State government award winners
- Photos from previous luncheons
- State government LinkedIn group
Federal Government Alumni Luncheon (FGAL)
The Federal Government Alumni Luncheon honors those alumni who work in public service to the federal government. In 2011, Ohio University took the long-standing State Government Alumni Luncheon tradition and transported it to Washington, DC, to establish the Annual Ohio University Federal Government Alumni Luncheon.