How to Apply for the Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine Early Assurance Program
Outstanding high school seniors from the state of Ohio are invited to apply to the Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM) Early Assurance Program (EAP). In as few as seven years, students can earn their undergraduate degree from Ohio University and their Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from the Heritage College.
To be eligible for consideration, a student must:
- Have applied to Ohio University by November 15, 2021 (and eventually earn admission)
- Have an ACT composite score of 28 or greater or an SAT score of 1300 or greater. Test scores must be received by the Heritage College by April 15, 2022. (Due to the uncertainty of ACT/SAT testing availability, these test scores will not be required in order to be selected for an interview, however, a requisite test score must be received before a final decision on EAP candidacy can be made.)
- Have the equivalent high school (unweighted) GPA of 3.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale
- Be an Ohio resident, have graduated from an Ohio high school, and be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Have four years of high school math, English, and science, including biology and chemistry (coursework in physics is also strongly encouraged)
The fall 2022 application is closed. Information about the fall 2023 application will be available this fall!