How to Apply for the Athletic Training Early Assurance Program
Outstanding high school seniors are invited to apply for Ohio University’s Early Assurance Program (EAP) for the Professional Master of Science in Athletic Training (PMSAT).
Athletic Training EAP students apply for admission to the PMSAT program while they are still in high school, and a slot in the master’s program is reserved for them as long as they maintain program requirements during their undergraduate time at OHIO. Participants also have the option to participate in the accelerated graduate program, which allows students to complete a bachelor's and master's degree in just five years.
The Professional Master of Science in Athletic Training is a rigorous and selective graduate program that allows students to combine classroom knowledge and skills with experience at a variety of clinical sites. Athletic trainers provide health care services to the physically active population. Many athletic trainers work with high school, collegiate, and professional athletes. However, you can also find athletic trainers working in rehabilitation clinics, industrial settings, the military, the performing arts, physician offices, and a variety of other settings.
Benefits of the Athletic Training EAP
- Admission to the Professional Master of Science in Athletic Training (PMSAT) program
- Option to participate in an accelerated graduate program, completing a bachelor's and master's degree in just five years
- Assistance with completing observation hours
- Waiving of program application fees
- Exemption from the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
- Ability to attend PMSAT events
- A dedicated athletic training faculty advisor
- Have the equivalent high school GPA of 3.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale
- Have been admitted to OHIO's Athens campus as a first-year student in one of the following majors:
- Exercise physiology
- Exercise physiology Pre-Athletic Training
- Exercise physiology Pre-Physical Therapy
- Biological Sciences
- Biological Sciences Pre-Physical Therapy
- Psychology Pre-Physical Therapy
The fall 2023 application is closed. Details about the fall 2024 application will be available this fall.
For more information, visit the athletic training website. Please contact Professional Athletic Training Program Director Kristine Ensign at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the Athletic Training Early Assurance Program.