Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine Early Assurance Program
Outstanding high school seniors from the state of Ohio are invited to apply to the Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine Early Assurance Program. In as few as seven years, students can earn their undergraduate degree from Ohio University and their Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from the Heritage College.
To be eligible for consideration, a student must:
- Have applied to Ohio University by November 15 (and eventually earn admission)
- Have an ACT composite score of 28 or greater or an SAT score of 1300 or greater.
- Have the equivalent high school GPA of 3.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale
- Be an Ohio resident
- Have four years of high school math, English, and science, including biology and chemistry (coursework in physics is also strongly encouraged).
The OU-HCOM EAP application deadline is January 10, 2020. To be considered, students must submit the following:
- Early Assurance Program application
- A letter of recommendation from a science teacher
- A completed guidance counselor evaluation
- Personal statement of 500 words or less explaining why you wish to pursue a career in medicine
A select group of applicants will be invited to on-campus interviews in January and February, and applicants will be notified of final admission decisions by March 31.
Additional information and guidelines can be found in Appendix A of the EAP agreement (PDF).