Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine Early Assurance Program
Outstanding high school seniors from the state of Ohio are invited to apply to the Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine Early Assurance Program. In as few as seven years, students can earn their undergraduate degree from Ohio University and their Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from the Heritage College.
To be eligible for consideration, a student must:
- Have applied to Ohio University by December 1 (and eventually earn admission)
- Have an ACT composite score of 28 or greater or an SAT score of 1320 or greater.
- Have the equivalent high school GPA of 3.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale
- Be an Ohio resident
- Have four years of high school math, English, and science, including biology, chemistry, and physics
The application deadline for fall 2019-20 is December 1. To be considered, students must submit the following:
- Early Assurance Program application
- Two letters of recommendation, one from a science teacher
- Personal statement of 3,000 words or less explaining why you wish to pursue a career as an osteopathic primary care physician
A select group of applicants will be invited to on-campus interviews in January and February, and applicants will be notified of final admission decisions by late March.
Additional information and guidelines can be found in Appendix A of the EAP agreement (PDF).