Equity and Social Justice
The OHIO Division of Student Affairs will ensure that a framework of equity and social justice is embedded into its day-to-day work.
- 1A: We will be the kind of division that values growth, strives for inclusion and cultivates community.
- 1B: Cultural competency will be built into the job descriptions of all DOSA employees, and the skills/cultural competence of its staff will be evaluated annually.
- 1C: Every employee will have a personal professional development goal around equity and social justice; each department will develop and implement a yearly service growth and improvement plan around equity and social justice.
- 1D: Every employee will be provided quality equity and social justice training annually by the division.
Accomplished in Fall 2019
- Developed and distributed a DOSA staff climate survey
- Collected DOSA departmental ESJ goals
- Selected and distributed a personal assessment tool (DAP) to help employees create ESJ personal goals
- Distributed in-service menu to help DOSA employees fulfill in-service requirement
- 82% of DOSA position descriptions have been changed to include ESJ language
Accomplished in Spring 2020
- Collected and distributed DOSA staff climate survey results
- Distributed more clear guidelines and expectations for annual departmental ESJ goals
- Administered staff personal assessment tool (DAP) to classified non-bargaining unit DOSA staff
- Distributed an in-service menu to help DOSA employees fulfill in-service requirement
Accomplished in Fall 2020
- Communicated new in-service reporting and reflection tool for staff to customize their professional development experiences related to ESJ
- Launched a new ESJ onboarding series in partnership with the Division of Diversity and Inclusion
Accomplished in Spring 2021
- Hosted a DOSA professional development experience featuring conference-style programming tailored to a variety of ESJ competencies for all staff
- Presented an ESJ storytelling session to DOSA leaders about the impact of the committee's work on the OHIO community
Accomplished in Summer 2021
- Developed and implemented a Diversity and Social Justice training for all new staff.
Coming in Fall 2021
- Continue committee's commitment to storytelling.
- Program development for 2022 professional development experience.
2019 Staff Climate Survey
Committee for Equity and Social Justice
Megan Vogel, chief of staff, Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- Tammy Babylon, office administrator, Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs
- Drew Banks, general manager - campus cafes, Culinary Services
- Dorian Callahan, staff counselor, Counseling & Psychological Services
- Cynthia Cogswell, director of strategic planning and assessment, Division of Student Affairs
- Meagan Day, assistant director, facility operations for Bird Ice Arena & Walter Fieldhouse, Campus Recreation
- Jacob Hesse, assistant director of business and conference services, Housing and Residence Life
- Makenzie Olaker, assistant director for student engagement, Campus Involvement Center
- Chris Reghetti-Feyler, assistant director, Housing and Residence Life
- Jim Sand, community volunteer
- Rich Schmaltz, human resources liaison, Office of Human Resources
- Jivanto van Hemert, director of COVID case management
- KC Waltz, survivor advocate and case manager, Survivor Advocacy Program
- Makayla Westerfeld, graduate assistant, Office of Event Services
If you are interested in joining the committee, attending meetings, or viewing meeting minutes, please contact Tammy Babylon at email@example.com.