The second floor of Schoonover Center for Communication is home to the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. Schoonover Center is located across Union Street from the main campus gate.
Scripps Hall was built with a 1904 gift from Andrew Carnegie for the construction of a building for the university's library. The building was used as Ohio University's library until 1930 when Chubb Library was built. After the construction of Chubb Library, the former Carnegie Library was remodeled for classrooms and offices. The Carnegie Library building was renamed Carnegie Hall in 1936.
The building was completely renovated and expanded to include an atrium in 1985. Renamed "Scripps Hall," the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism moved into the building in January, 1986. The building has been renovated and now houses the GRID Lab, the Journalism Capstone Lab, Forensics, and other ancillary units of the Scripps College of Communication.
- Lasher Learning Center (Schoonover Center 130) is used by faculty and students to facilitate a wide variety of learning and teaching activities, including the use of reserve materials, reference works, as well as the JSchool's Bloomberg terminal.
Sing Tao Center was built in 1996, and is named in honor of the Sing Tao Publishing Company of Hong Kong, China. The building houses a seminar room, a conference room, and faculty offices.
The Radio-Television Building was completed in 1970. The building's seven floors house classrooms, faculty and staff offices, television and radio studios, an auditorium theater, a newsroom and broadcast facilities (see below).
- The WOUB Newsroom (RTV 371) is a joint facility, used by both WOUB News and the School of Journalism.
- WOUB Newswatch (5:30 p.m.) airs from Studio B (RTV 5th floor).