Tech Ready: Hardware Recommendations
OIT recommends the following minimum computing specifications so your device can accommodate standard University technology tools:
- Device type: laptop or tablet
- Operating system: Windows 10 or Mac OS (list of Apple's currently supported versions)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Storage: 250 GB hard drive (solid state recommended over hard disk drive)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD equivalent
- Network adapter: Wireless: 802.11 a/b/g/n (802.11ac recommended)
- Display: 1280 x 768 or greater (Office 365 minimum)
- Webcam: Yes - internal or external
- Microphone: Yes - internal or external (can be found on many standard headphones)
- Physical keyboard: Yes
For hardware specifications specific to your major, consider shopping by major at the Bobcat Depot.
Ohio University has instituted a laptop loaner program for any student who needs a computer (while supplies last). Learn more on the OHIO Coronavirus Technology Resources page.