Faculty Resource Handout [PDF]
Office of Global Affairs
Yamada International House
Contact Kate McClure at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting.
Office of Global Affairs and International Studies (OGAIS) units
- Center for International Studies
- Office of Global Opportunities
- International Student and Scholar Services
- Office of Global Affairs
OHIO's Global Strategy
- Build a holistic approach to recruit and support international students and alumni
- Globalize the academic mission in which faculty are supported to educate, conduct research and offer experiential learning to all students with a global and cross-cultural lens and inclusive approach
- Invest in relationships through supporting priorities such as strategic partners, targeted communications and performance metrics
Faculty Development as a Priority
Faculty members with increased global awareness will be actively engaged in globally focused teaching, research, and service and ensure the success of ALL students.
Leading research is increasingly international in nature and global in focus. OHIO should create incentives to encourage more faculty to conduct research on global issues, forge global collaborations, and access global funding sources and innovative opportunities.
Targeted Outcomes for Globalizing Academic Mission
- Globally competent and confident faculty and staff
- Increased capacity for global education and research
- Faculty with diversity and global expertise being recruited, supported and retained
- OHIO students graduating with critical global knowledge and skills
Governance of Globalization
- Senior International Management Team
- University International Council (all colleges are represented by faculty)
Opportunities for Faculty
- Global Travel Fund (GTF)
- Applicants must be Ohio University faculty (Tenure-track or Instructional Faculty).
- GTF supports international research, paper presentation, and other international scholarly or creative activities approved by the applicant's department or school and college.
- The maximum award is equivalent to the economy airfare rate up to $750.
- Faculty Learning Community: “Teaching with a Global Perspective : Practical Strategies from Course Design to Assessment”
- Designed for instructors who face challenges with increasing student participation, creating global assignments, and/or assessing multilingual students’ work.
- Offer a total of four to five sessions throughout the semester for a total of 8–10 hours along with individual consultations outside the group meetings
- Participants will receive a $1,000 stipend upon completion of their project at the end of the semester.
- Workshop : Managing today’s global classroom: engaging diverse populations (September 15, 2-3:30pm, Registration deadline September 8)
- Global Funding Opportunities
- Faculty Exchange Program "Kohei Miura Visiting Professorship"
- Global Partnerships and Delegations
Global Events and Awards
- November 15-19, 2021: International Education Week
- Awards for Excellence in Global Engagement
- April: International Week
- Other Competitions, Initiatives, and Offices: