Global Travel Fund
Administered by the University International Council, the Global Travel Fund supports the internationalization of Ohio University on all campuses through scholarly and creative endeavors by faculty.
- Applicants must be Ohio University faculty (Tenured or Tenure-Track and Instructional Faculty).
- The Global Travel Fund supports international research, paper presentation, and other international scholarly or creative activities that are approved by the applicant's department or school and college, up to $750. Funding can be granted to those who are carrying out scholarly and creative activities internationally (such as participating in a scholarly forum or conducting archival or field research overseas).
- Application Form: Word version [Word]
- Supplemental materials which should be attached for review include sca/PDF of travel related cost receipts or estimates, Itinerary (if applicable), and Invitation letter (if applicable).
- Completed applications and supplemental materials should be sent to the Global Travel Fund Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please prepare and send your applications for each submission cycle, as outlined below:
- Fully completed applications are due no later than 11:59 p.m. on the due date for your submission Cycle (or next business day, if the date falls on a weekend/ university holiday).
- Deadlines are firm and applications without required signatures and documentation will be disqualified.
- If the deadline falls on a weekend, a university-observed holiday, or a day that the university has been closed due to an emergency, fully completed applications will be due the next business day by 11:59 p.m. to email@example.com.
- Cycle I: May 1 --for travel starting in July or August
- Cycle II: July 1 --for travel starting in September or October
- Cycle III: September 1 --for travel starting in November or December
- Cycle IV: November 1 --for travel starting in January or February
- Cycle V: January 10 --for travel starting in March or April
- Cycle VI: March 1 --for travel starting in May or June
- When you submit your application please be sure:
- all fields and checkboxes on the application form are completed;
- all required signatures are included on the application form;
- you have provided the required travel cost quotes, itinerary (if applicable), Invitation letter (if applicable) as attachment;
- you are applying by the deadline for the correct cycle. Your travel (not your conference) must begin within the dates of the period for which you apply – see the cycle dates and deadlines above.
- Because of the number of applications received, any application that does not meet the conditions listed above will be denied without exception.
- Only one award can be utilized over a two-year period.
- The Global Travel Fund Committee will provide notification to the applicant and the unit/department chair within two weeks of the deadline date.
- Should travel plans be either changed or canceled entirely, you must inform the Global Travel Fund Committee immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to keep the Committee apprised of any such changes or cancellations could bear negatively upon future Global Travel Fund applications.
University Policies for International Travel
- University-sponsored travel should be booked according to guidelines found at www.ohio.edu/finance/travel. These guidelines include information on:
- Approval process prior to international travel
- Information related to required use of university approved travel provider, Christopherson Business Travel (CBT).
- Links to COVID-related travel information
- Links to travel-related university guidance
- All OHIO employees should register their international travel in accordance with information found at www.ohio.edu/goglobal/resources/health-safety/health-safety-staff.
- All OHIO employees are encouraged to sign up for International SOS travel alerts. Access to international health insurance is coordinated through International SOS. Learn more about all services they can provide here.
How to Receive Awarded Funding
- Have your unit’s p-card administrator substantiate expenses in Concur up to your awarded amount with the account number provided on your award letter. Be sure to include a copy of your award letter in the substantiation process, along with an itinerary of the international travel engagement.
- Should any questions about accounting or payment processing arise, please contact email@example.com.