Global Travel Fund
Administered by the University International Council, the Global Travel Fund supports the internationalization of the University on all campuses through scholarly and creative endeavors by faculty.
- Applicants must be Ohio University faculty (Tenure-Track and Instructional Faculty).
- The Global Travel Fund supports international research, paper presentation, and other international scholarly or creative activities that are approved by the applicant's department or school and college. Owing to budget limitations, priority will be given to those who are carrying out scholarly and creative activities internationally (such as participating in an international scholarly forum or conducting archival or field research overseas).
- Application Form
- A photocopy of ticket, receipt, travel website fare quote, or other documentation of the actual or estimated fare (air, train, etc.)
- Completed applications and questions should be sent to the Global Travel Fund Committee at the below address:
Global Travel Fund Committee
Fully completed applications are due no later than 4:00 p.m. at the Yamada International House address on the deadline.
Deadlines are firm and applications without required signatures and documentation will be disqualified.
If the deadline falls on a weekend, a university-observed holiday, or a day that the university has been closed due to an emergency, fully completed applications will be due the next business day by 11:59 p.m. at Yamada International House.
- Cycle I: May 1 --for travel starting in July or August
- Cycle II: July 1 --for travel starting in September or October
- Cycle III: September 1 --for travel starting in November or December
- Cycle IV: November 1 --for travel starting in January or February
- Cycle V: January 10 --for travel starting in March or April
- Cycle VI: March 1 --for travel starting in May or June
When you submit your application please make sure that:
- all fields and checkboxes on the application form are completed;
- all required signatures are included on the application form;
- you have provided the required travel cost quote attachment;
- you are applying by the deadline for the correct cycle. Your travel (not your conference) must begin within the dates of the period for which you apply – see the cycle dates and deadlines above.
Because of the number of applications we receive, any application that does not meet the four conditions listed above will be denied without exception.
Only one award can be received over a two-year period.
The Global Travel Fund Committee will provide notification to the applicant and the unit/department chair within two weeks of the deadline date.
Should travel plans be either changed or canceled entirely, you must inform the Global Travel Fund Committee immediately at the address listed above. Failure to keep the Committee apprised of any such changes or cancellations could bear negatively upon future Global Travel Fund applications.
In keeping with University policy, air tickets for University business must be purchased with a purchasing card (p-card).
How to Receive Awarded Funding
For all Global Travel Fund-funded travel, once the air ticket has been purchased, you are required to send a copy of the receipt showing the exact cost to:
Global Travel Fund Committee
Have your unit’s p-card administrator enter the account number provided on your award letter into the p-card system.
Should any questions about accounting or payment processing arise, please contact Diane Cahill at firstname.lastname@example.org.