Copyright & Creative Commons
The resources below provide guidance on copyright, fair use, and author's rights. Your subject librarian can also be a resource.
General Information on Copyright
- United States Copyright Office provides basic copyright information services to the public and examines and registers copyright claims in books, music, movies, software, photographs, and other works of authorship.
- The Educator’s Guide to Copyright and Fair Use. A five part series on copyright law and education
- American Library Association’s Fair Use Evaluator – a step-by-step guide to help you analyze fair use and document your considerations.
- University of Minnesota Thinking Through Fair Use – input your analysis and it will generate a a record documenting your considerations.
- Columbia University’s simple Fair Use Checklist.
- Our guide to Fair Use and Creative Commons for Images
- An Introduction to Copyright Resources for Authors from SPARC
- Authors Rights Addendum from SPARC